Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Shipyards

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 8:11:45 PM
A improvement for systems that allows the construction of battleships, and later dreadnaughts. Possibly costing a stratigic resource to operate.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 8:42:37 PM
I'd leave it alone as is it, but perhaps add something like this applying to carrier building when that's added later.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 8:56:06 PM
Would be useful as an in-system shipping repair facility too, built as a system improvement or maybe there are degrees/levels of Shipyard that repair at certain rates that qualify for building larger ships too.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 11:42:53 PM
Nightscream wrote:
I like the idea of an in-system repair facility or even a mobile repair ship.

mobile repair ship can be a corvette with the repair module

But if there was a building that would add a per-turn percentage healing rate that would be very nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 11:44:01 PM
Dont your system already regen 3% HP a turn? im sure thats a thing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 2:51:37 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Dont your system already regen 3% HP a turn? im sure thats a thing.

yeah but more more more. 3% of my cruisers with anywhere between 1000hp - 1400hp comes out to 30-42hp/turn = A long wait for heavily damaged cruisers.

Give me a building that provides something like 10% hp regen when in system, and balance it out with a high upkeep cost so i don't build them everywhere, and i'll be a happy camper. Personally I like Cruisers, so i build a lot of them all the time with lots of armor upgrades, and when those babies get hurt; well i might as well scrap them and build new ones because it'll take less time.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 4:03:24 AM
mabalogna wrote:
mobile repair ship can be a corvette with the repair module

But if there was a building that would add a per-turn percentage healing rate that would be very nice.

+1 for both these ideas.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 5:32:22 PM
I agree, would be nice to see something like that in the game, especially since, like mabalogna said, large ships heal very very slowly... at one point I thought my dreadnought was never going to be repaired! oO
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 2:53:37 AM
Orbital shipyards would make sense for massive constructions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 3:58:44 AM
mabalogna wrote:
yeah but more more more. 3% of my cruisers with anywhere between 1000hp - 1400hp comes out to 30-42hp/turn = A long wait for heavily damaged cruisers.

Give me a building that provides something like 10% hp regen when in system, and balance it out with a high upkeep cost so i don't build them everywhere, and i'll be a happy camper. Personally I like Cruisers, so i build a lot of them all the time with lots of armor upgrades, and when those babies get hurt; well i might as well scrap them and build new ones because it'll take less time.

I'm a little confused... if it is 3% per turn why does it matter how many hp the ships have? 100/3 = 33 turns to heal regardless of size.

That aside - makes sense to me to have facilities like that - though it would be nice to have a visible representation at the map level so I don't have to go hunting for the right system when I have a damaged ship.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 9:53:28 AM
I am a little unsure about Shipyards as such. While it certainly adds some flavor to the game, I feel that it would be a little boring to just have to build another building before you are able to build a certain ship type. Maybe make them give a bonus to the building of that ship type and make that bonus stack, with the building having no limit? So the first "Destroyer-Warft" allows you to build Destroyers, every additional one gets you a bonus of 5% Industry while building Destroyers (the number is obviously arbitrary).

That concept could be refined by either increasing the cost of the "next" shipyard based on how many you have build in the system already (after building 10 "Destroyer-Warft"s, the next one costs twice as much Industry to build) or by limiting either the number of shipyards per system or even per type per system (say you can build 10 Destroyer, 5 Cruiser, 1 Battleship Warft per system). Just not a simple building "Build A so you can build Ship s" where A has no other effect than allowing to build a ship.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 12:28:19 PM
jmacgill wrote:
I'm a little confused... if it is 3% per turn why does it matter how many hp the ships have? 100/3 = 33 turns to heal regardless of size.
He's not saying it matters how many hp a ship has, he's comparing it to the amount of damage a damaged ship might have taken. It does take way too long for ships to heal, I can say that with confidence. I understand that repair is difficult, but is it so difficult that it really takes longer to patch the armor (say 10% hp damage) than it did to build the thing?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 6:20:34 PM
Ohh I wish! smiley: smile I think in part it prompts creative folks like the OP to suggest solutions to this.

Its like having to "shoot a lame horse" (scrap) beacuse the paint work was scratched on your ship and it literally takes the equivalent of watching paint dry to see it repaired. How silly! smiley: sleep
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment