This could just be me thinking this but I thought it was a bit odd that enemy ships moving between your stars would be on the map, disappear along the star route and then appear again. I realise that's probably quite realistic, but I thought from a game mechanic point of view it might make more sense if sight range was increased along map connections where you own both ends or maybe where an ally owns the other end. I'm not sure if it should be complete sight along the connection but perhaps a percentage increase over the system's normal range at each end (so each end could be different ranges, as they are now) or make it a flat proportion to the size of the connection (so 1/3 from each end perhaps, leaving 1/3 in the middle). Both have their pros and cons but I thought that it might be worth bringing this to discussion, if anyone else cares? smiley: smile

I suppose if you wanted to justify it you might say there would be civilian traffic from system to system or perhaps even some kind of customs out there in space scanning along the links, which would possibly see or even scan anything going past? Imagine you're in a cold war (not that hard to imagine) and you suddenly see the other nation's paratroopers falling into your neighbourhood? You'd probably call the armed forces or the police, right? Well maybe the civilian ships would do that as well when they see a flotilla of ships pass by belonging to someone else. Just a thought.