Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Creation & Disabling of Cosmic Strings

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 10:41:41 PM
My idea is that after you have researched to a certain point in the science tree, you will be able to create cosmic strings between two planets you have colonized (at a high cost obviously).

To balance this, you might have to pay x amount of dust or use y amount of industry to keep the string operational?

This could be expanded upon in diplomacy, you could allow z race to use your cosmic strings to move, but at a certain negotiable cost?

Also, after you have unlocked the secret to the creation of strings, you might be able to temporarily disable strings (at an enormous cost).

There could even be game events which disrupt certain strings, or create others.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 11:25:01 PM
eltro102 wrote:
My idea is that after you have researched to a certain point in the science tree, you will be able to create cosmic strings between two planets you have colonized (at a high cost obviously).

To balance this, you might have to pay x amount of dust or use y amount of industry to keep the string operational?

This could be expanded upon in diplomacy, you could allow z race to use your cosmic strings to move, but at a certain negotiable cost?

Also, after you have unlocked the secret to the creation of strings, you might be able to temporarily disable strings (at an enormous cost).

There could even be game events which disrupt certain strings, or create others.

I'd like to see something like this implemented, honestly there's a lot of ways this can be taken, either an artificial wormhole of some sort, or a stargate of sorts. (same concept but widely accepted)

But agreed it should be at high costs.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 12:58:46 PM
Sounds like great fun, forcing other players to travel through dead space, and enabling yourself to travel more safely around your own empire is great.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 1:26:32 PM
Support as well, sounds like the thing really big star empires would do anyway...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 4:41:27 PM
Shifting due to game events I could get on board with, though not so much on the creation/removal of your own.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 5:18:08 PM
Agree with social pariah. Late game empires have forgone the need for strings anyway (seriously, that +12 [greenarrow] tech is amazing). It's more of a early/mid-game switcher-oo that would be interesting.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 10:24:13 PM
Well, it would allow you to tax strings etc, and you could slow down any invaders (at slowing down and isolating yourself)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 12:13:38 AM
eltro102 wrote:
Well, it would allow you to tax strings etc, and you could slow down any invaders (at slowing down and isolating yourself)

Seems like it would just inspire far too much turtling in my opinion.

Oh no, an enemy fleet! I shall just alter the universe so that I don't have to worry about it any more.

Just seems like an overkill ability that comes off more as a cheaty, get out of jail free card than a game feature.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 10:35:08 PM
good idea on basis. even if i agree with social-pariah's last post i have to say that stargates are common fact in sci fi today and could be a feature and can be easily nerfed to do not be an overkill ability but a really expensive way to get out risky situation.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment