Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Reverse the movement mechanics.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 8:11:02 AM
Here is an idea that was inspired by this thread: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13666-suggestion-feeling-of-exploration

Have dead space travel to be the default way of transport, no lines no showing of direction in space. Only the background of the general structure of the map to guide you. This would help increase the feeling of the dawn of your civilization. Of course movement should then be reduced by some factor, or possibility of random events, like damage to your ship from debris, pirate encounters, slowed or increased movement etc. Then have the line movement between star systems be a later improvement, improving transportation speed and safety between planets, and as a necessity for trade.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 8:13:57 AM
I don't think it'd be particularly fun gameplay to have your early ships get destroyed in ways you cannot control directly. every ship in the early game is a big investment so it will get frustrating sooner than later. sword of the stars had an interesting system where every race had a slightly different way of moving between the stars but I'm quite fine with the current system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 8:22:00 AM
I like the concept of bottlenecks and really dislike the idea of free travel from a strategic standpoint.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 8:25:34 AM
vaendryl wrote:
I don't think it'd be particularly fun gameplay to have your early ships get destroyed in ways you cannot control directly. every ship in the early game is a big investment so it will get frustrating sooner than later. sword of the stars had an interesting system where every race had a slightly different way of moving between the stars but I'm quite fine with the current system.
Well don't sent your colony ships out alone then smiley: smile

MortMan wrote:
I like the concept of bottlenecks and really dislike the idea of free travel from a strategic standpoint.
So do I, and that would still be in the game. May I remind you that free travel is possible in the game, when you research dead space travel.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment