Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Ship rank chevrons

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 9:21:58 AM
I think the ship rank chevrons are too small. No, I mean they are really too small. Unacceptably small for a game. I don't mind getting closer to the monitor to see that mouseover tooltip text in the upper left interface from time to time, but I should never have to do that, plus squint at the screen, to see the difference between a Corporal and a Sergeant.

Also, red is a bad color for them. Red is hard to see, and has a negative connotation.

If you can't make them bigger, it would be nice if they changed color as your ships got stronger. Grey for rookies, green for battle tested, blue for veterans and gold for elite, for example. But my god, lose the red.

My 2c.

EV
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 9:23:20 AM
I think they're fine and I don't really need to put my nose up to the monitor to see them. maybe your screen is just too small?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 9:30:10 AM
No, I don't believe my screen is too small, and here's why. I've played many many games on this monitor and I have never had to squint to see a UI element before. This is the first time.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 9:36:34 AM
If an improvement is made, the first thing should be to add some information in a tool-tip when you hover over the icon. I'd like to see what it represents and what the effects of the rank are, as that can be quite confusing when you first play the game. Having to consult a wiki for every little game element doesn't make it accessible to a wider audience if it could easily be handled within the GUI.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 1:45:42 PM
Moved to the proposals section.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment