Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Suggestion: have the blue planet icon blink if no exploitation has been constructed

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 3:03:33 PM
Mansen wrote:
But - it already blinks if a planet has no exploitation? smiley: smile

TheManInRoomFive wrote:
We are talking about when you are in galaxy view smiley: biggrin

I think Mansen was kidding... at least I hope he was, for his sake! lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 12:20:50 PM
Prophet wrote:
I don't know. I think I like Mansen's idea better; put this bit of info in the empire overview window.

yes, also a way one could do it. Either way though, I hope it gets done! lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 1:15:12 AM
Hephi wrote:
I would want something to notify me about unexplored moons though! I hate clicking the same planet over and over again to see if I've allready explored the moon or not. It would also make it easier to see what temple is on there without having to click to the planet overview.

Not to go off-topic, but that I would support. Clicking in-and-out of planets to check the exploration status of moons gives me a headache. And not the good kind of headache.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 6:09:21 PM
I don't really need this, either you let the AI governor manage and he'll do it or you manage yourself and end up in the system screen every couple of turns anyway and see the blinking.

I would want something to notify me about unexplored moons though! I hate clicking the same planet over and over again to see if I've allready explored the moon or not. It would also make it easier to see what temple is on there without having to click to the planet overview.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 1:07:15 AM
I don't know. I think I like Mansen's idea better; put this bit of info in the empire overview window.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 11:45:53 PM
I agree that would be useful, though blinking is annoying I think a different hue would do the job perfectly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 3:32:33 PM
Dr_Mox wrote:
Here's a cookie and some Rumsmiley: dust for the excellent idea!

hurray! thanks for the yummy cookie Dr_Mox! lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 9:48:34 PM
To celebrate my 100th Post here on ES Forums I heartily give n18991c's suggestion the +1 smiley: approval

Here's a cookie and some Rumsmiley: dust for the excellent idea!

I have seen how easily it is to miss important possible player actions on a Beta Vid today, just confirms what happens to me occasionally in-game, I think everyone has probably kicked themselves over this kind of thing.

This feature would be very helpful.

Wish there was alot more "Galaxy Overlays" you could drop down over the Galaxy View to highlight through blinking, flashing neon signs or what-have-you specific information you may have missed such as Exploitation, Idle Systems, Idle Fleets, Fleet Movement, Fleet Status etc. Yes there are those seperate screens, however not everyone has a photographic memory to look at those screens and go "Ahh yes that fleet in Mestiophenes, I can recall it clearly, the third star to the upper left arm of the map, in that constellation, what was it now, the fifth I encountered with my scout ships...." ^^

That and my Go-To Universal button will make the pleasure of playing Endless Space that bit more enjoyable and user friendly!

Yarrrr! smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 4:28:35 PM
Mansen wrote:
No I'm afraid not. I misread "system box" as "system screen" - and the "No exploitation" clearly blinks on that screen. smiley: sarcastic

oh dear smiley: smile I edited the first post btw, should be clearer now...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 3:20:52 PM
No I'm afraid not. I misread "system box" as "system screen" - and the "No exploitation" clearly blinks on that screen. smiley: sarcastic
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 12:05:36 PM
I've just started playing the Beta and I noticed that while it's helpful to see in the system box which planets are colonizable, which aren't colonizable and which ones have been colonized, I think it would be extremely helpful if the blue planet icon blinked as long as no exploitation has been constructed on it yet. When your empire starts to increase in size you can easily remember to colonize all the planets but after that you lose track of what's actually going on on each planet...

Everyone agree that a blinking blue icon in the GALAXY VIEW (not system view) would help?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 3:01:43 PM
Hollow wrote:
The words do when you look at the system, but I think the OP was referring to the blue planet dots when you're on the galaxy map, which as far as I've noticed they don't. That said, I'm really not sure I want all those blinking lights when I've purposefully put off an exploitation for a few turns or it's way down in the build queue.

Yes you're right. Well I agree it shouldn't be an annoying blinking but perhaps a faint one? smiley: smile Alternatively, planets being exploited could be dark blue and planets not being exploited light blue or something like that...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 2:55:48 PM
+1 to blinking in galaxy view. I often forget to check back in on systems after I colonize.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 2:41:39 PM
Ahh. Makes sense - Personally I'd prefer having it added to the colony/empire overview menu/screen instead to avoid clogging up the universe view too much.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 2:30:05 PM
The words do when you look at the system, but I think the OP was referring to the blue planet dots when you're on the galaxy map, which as far as I've noticed they don't. That said, I'm really not sure I want all those blinking lights when I've purposefully put off an exploitation for a few turns or it's way down in the build queue.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 12:19:22 PM
Social-Pariah wrote:
they already have a number of blinkers showing this

But only in the system panel, right? I meant that on the big galaxy map the blue planet icon should blink or whatever to show that a planet isn't being exploited...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 12:10:09 PM
I don't know... they already have a number of blinkers showing this.

Maybe if the planet icons were simply a different hue if they aren't exploited.

To avoid annoying you.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment