Almost every one of us will agree, that diplomacy needs a good amount of work, maybe it's the biggest construction site in the game even.

I do have all the hope, that the devs have quite a few good ideas in mind and that it'll turn out all well.

But beside the mechanical aspects that should and will be tweaked i would rather like to emphasize the "look and feel" side of the diplomacy window in this thread.

Right now the interaction happens though an efficient but rather bland interface with two tiny portraits and that's pretty much it.

I don't get the feeling that i'm negotiating things of greatest importance on a galactic scale with an effect for trillions of life forms.

No, it rather looks like i'm text messaging another emperor via my mobile phone:

"Care to trade some Siderite? XOXO"

"LOL not in your life. p.s. bring milk on your way home. bb" smiley: wink.

I'm surely not talking animated leader heads or something like that here, i know that this would be too resource demanding.

But there already are a few artworks (Horatio and United Empire) that show some kind of throne room scene that would be a perfect match to represent negogiations visually.

Those could fill the "visual hole" in the current menu quite nicely, especially because the upper half of that screen is currently unused anyways.

So, as Amplitude has got a very talented 2D artist, give the guy a bit more of his well deserved money and maybe let him make such scenes for each empire.

In my opinion that would be a possibility to spruce up the whole affair in a rather unexpensive way.

Nice side effect would be, that we'd have more of that gorgeous imagery to gush over smiley: biggrin.

Well, what do you think of all that?