Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Single Player Long Game (Respawning players etc)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 4:45:49 PM
Hi all, I was thinking it would be pretty cool to be able to play a really long game with changing parameters. For example. While playing if a race is destroyed then at some stage during the game a new race starts up to take the 8th spot this way the game would go on much longer and you wont be the last one left if an endless game is what you are after.

If this is already in game or if its something being looked at sorry for the post, just started with this game.

Thanks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 5:00:41 PM
Interesting, there could also be a time adjustment like the Civ series, quick,standard,epic,marathon. Or maybe a checkbox at the start of the game for never-ending smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 5:04:25 PM
this would be a great feature, i missed it at Sins of a Solar Empire for example. After i conquered a few systems and wiped out all the enemies there were only pirates left.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 6:03:53 PM
uh ? the "game speed" option is made for this purpose no ??

(I didn't tried, just asking ^^)
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 7:04:01 PM
eltro102 wrote:
I think he is talking about the variables of the game changing as you go on

Exactly what I mean,

Interesting, there could also be a time adjustment like the Civ series, quick,standard,epic,marathon. Or maybe a checkbox at the start of the game for never-ending

This would also help expand the idea further.

Also what would be nice is to allow you to trade save games with your empire allowing another player to populate their new game with your save game data making their game more interesting as they would face your race the way you played or similar at least.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 7:09:30 PM
But you would have superior technology, and there would be many issues with balance, I just suggest opening a new game :S.

But if you did have new civilizations what would you do about the balance issues?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 12:27:50 AM
There could be a method where the game saves your progress in a file and then an AI populates the Computer player with your information and play style. This way every game would be totally different in regards to having a stronger computer controlled player.

Example

Player A plays through the game and saves his file and uploads,

Player B Downloads Player A's file and plays through. With Race A playing similar to player A's style.

Player C Downloads Player B's save and has 2 CPU races playing similar to Player A and Player B.

I dont even know if this is possible but I still like my original idea of having changing variables.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 12:50:40 AM
A simple civil war could solve this. With a variable to how many different factions your original faction could split into. Same could be done with AI races. New factions arising from civil war could all just start at the same point in tech etc. as the faction they split from.

Although I'd have to say, such a thing as big as it would be would have to wait for DLC/Expansion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 1:36:28 AM
Gattaca wrote:
There could be a method where the game saves your progress in a file and then an AI populates the Computer player with your information and play style. This way every game would be totally different in regards to having a stronger computer controlled player.

Example

Player A plays through the game and saves his file and uploads,

Player B Downloads Player A's file and plays through. With Race A playing similar to player A's style.

Player C Downloads Player B's save and has 2 CPU races playing similar to Player A and Player B.

I dont even know if this is possible but I still like my original idea of having changing variables.

And then some point in the future, the virtual inhabits start talking about the cycle of life and destruction in the galaxy controlled by other-dimensional figures for their amusement. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 10:25:10 AM
Jacrench wrote:
A simple civil war could solve this. With a variable to how many different factions your original faction could split into. Same could be done with AI races. New factions arising from civil war could all just start at the same point in tech etc. as the faction they split from.

Although I'd have to say, such a thing as big as it would be would have to wait for DLC/Expansion.

Thats actually very interesting. I would love that in the game.

Like how Pilgrims spilt from the United Empire, you could have a spilt from say Sophons who want to focus more on the science of warfare or something.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 6:18:48 PM
Here's a good way of doing things: Emergent pirate factions.

After a race is destroyed, all the current pirate-owned systems become owned by a new replacement race (a race chosen at random). The race's tech knowledge is selected from the knowledge of the previously destroyed faction, but with a % of technology removed or added depending on race (e.g. some techs are deducted if a Sophon race is defeated and replaced by the Hissho).

With the pirates currently as they are, this should prove useful for extending the game, as the pirates are currently very agressive and will often take plenty of systems from the AI.

Of course, if the pirates themselves became a full faction, this could also be an alternative, as it would mean you'd start with a total of 9 full factions in the game, and destroying the pirates would be an important step along the way. Of course, destroying them shouldn't completely remove pirates from the game, it should just kill off the pirate main faction and revert them to what they are now, maybe a little weaker and more toned down. The pirates could also be playable (although thus far, I have no idea how that could be integrated into the UI... maybe have a 9th player slot added somewhere, and when a player chooses pirates, their colour automatically becomes dark grey, otherwise one of the AI are set to pirates and locked that way unless a player chooses the race, so that there's only ever 1 pirate faction who are always the correct colour).

Or better yet, combine the two together. When the pirate faction is destroyed, leaving only random pirate spawns, if another empire is destroyed, emergence of a new empire from pirate systems then becomes possible.

Of course, these ideas are just rambles from my mind... how possible they are doesn't matter, I just thought I'd get my thoughts out there.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment