Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] UI - Ship Design View, allow zero weight items to be added when full

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 8:09:49 AM
Haven't seen this suggested earlier, this is a UI change to the Ship Design view. Currently if the ship design is at or over capacity you can't add either of the tonnage support modules, Advanced Containers and Smart Cargo, without first removing items. This is particularly annoying when you want to upgrade tonnage support, as you need to remove both the existing module and the equivalent weight in other items. I suggest allowing zero weight items to be added regardless of current tonnage. While in the current game this is only the tonnage support modules, I imagine that mods may add other zero weight items.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 9:11:45 AM
Sounds feasible to me, though perhaps a better idea would be just to make it so that the auto update does the shifting for you. Probably less prone to cause bugs that way.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 9:28:59 AM
SteveTheWild wrote:
Sounds feasible to me, though perhaps a better idea would be just to make it so that the auto update does the shifting for you. Probably less prone to cause bugs that way.

I think auto upgrade does that already, actually. I just haven't used it often as I like to tweak the weapon/defense proportions to counter whatever the AI's fielding. Come to think of it, sounds like I'm better off auto upgrading and then tweaking, though I think the suggestion still stands.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment