Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Disentangle retrofit and ship class names

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 3:45:13 AM
I noticed that if i am modifying a ship it blocks the naming function. When i create a new type of ship i am able to what i please, however if i try to upgrade a ship then i am no longer able to change the name.

I find this very frustrating because i don't like having a 1,2,3,4,5,ect after the names of my ships. If we could get the ability to rename our ships when upgrading them, that would be fantastic. Thanks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 7:05:52 AM
Actually, I like the way it works at the moment, as it gives you the possibility to define in your head some templates and just keep upgrading them as your techs evolve.

My missile Heavy build are called "Sniper" at the moment, and with each upgrade, having automatically an added number to the template is simple yet powerful. smiley: smile

Remscar wrote:
I noticed that if i am modifying a ship it blocks the naming function. When i create a new type of ship i am able to what i please, however if i try to upgrade a ship then i am no longer able to change the name.

I find this very frustrating because i don't like having a 1,2,3,4,5,ect after the names of my ships. If we could get the ability to rename our ships when upgrading them, that would be fantastic. Thanks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 5:08:05 PM
This thread is the origin of all disentanglement of retrofit and ship names/improvement of ship naming conventions discussions.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13159-suggestion-ship-names-and-naming-conventions

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13182-suggestion-longer-ship-names

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13183-suggestion-forked-ship-design-versions

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13189-suggestion-ship-refit-paired-with-forced-naming-is-dysfunctional

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13196-suggestion-ship-name-length

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13405-composite-suggestion-ship-designs

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13523-naming-individual-ships

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13400-suggestion-modify-design-names

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13406-suggestion-retrofit-into-alternate-designs

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13691-suggestion-naming-ships

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13847-let-me-name-my-upgraded-ships-instead-of-that-numeric-suffix

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13891-allowing-to-name-single-ships

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment