Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Formation/Tactics Phase

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:54:23 AM
If possible, I think it would be a good addition if you could select a formation/firing tactic at the start of an engagement, maybe during the initial approach phase?

Example...

"Frigate/Destroyer Screen"

Frigates/Small ships will screen for the larger ones soaking up more of the fire

Or

"Even Spread"

Fire is evenly devided between all enemy ships <-- Would be great against pirate swarms

I think something like this can add a little more depth to the combat system without breaking the elegant simlicity that I like about it, if something like this has already been suggested then sorry, new around here smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:57:56 AM
This is something a good number of people, myself included, are vouching for in other threads.

+1
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 4:39:47 AM
Same i suggested this yesterday in another thread, i suggested making it happen during the opening phase and making it card based, so combat would go like this.

Epilogue: Chose Tactic/formation

Phase 1: Long range

Phase 2: mid range

Phase 3: Melee

I +1 this as well.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 6:54:27 AM
Yep. More options to play with. More choice to do (that are significant. I like that overpower gives +40% and not +3%)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 6:17:44 PM
This thread is the origin of adding formations/tactics options/phases discussions.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13253-suggestion-ship-formations

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13311-ideas-to-improve-card-game-and-spatial-fights

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13328-suggestion-formations-that-prioritize-targets

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13487-suggestion-combat-formations

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment