Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Improved MP and Diplomacy Function (Ping-Function)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 15, 2012, 10:25:03 AM
This thread has been changed. The new Topic is about an improved Ping-Function ingame.

My suggestion is a Ping-Function not only helping with easy and fast communication between Players, but also triggering AI behavior and improve diplomacy (by adding diplomacy bonus/points when accepting an order/request form the Player or AI).

"Ping" in this conversation stands for the sound the function makes, not for the speed of the conection to the host!

The original Idea is from another thread of mine you can find here: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/36-multiplayers/thread/15444-suggestion-communication-and-community-while-waiting-for-next-turn

The Ping function is to show other player or players a location you are talking about. You choose the Ping-Function and click on a system you want. The Ping emits an audio-visual sound easy to see for any ally, or faction in a peace treaty. For multiplayer it also could be used for every player to show (regardless of the diplomacy-status). An extendet variant of this is the "War-Ping", the same as the Ping but with another color and another sound, showing allies where to attack or where to defend, instead of writing the name of the systejm and than have any player search for their own. This way you could ask players to send a fleet to a position or to aks for help during a invasion. This function would be very practicaly for AIs to, if you are able to trigger a reaction from your allied AI (of course it would be grate to have the AI asking for help if necessery and by this boosting diplomacy).

The Request could be an extended diplomacy function: The Request for help in a war (joining a non allied in war to boost diplomacy or to prepare for an alliance), or to defend a chosen system is another way to trade ressources and improve diplomacy with players and AI alike. It would also help with defence and war during the game.

Edited Post:

[Heyguys,Iopenedathreadinthemultiplayersectionbutamnotcompletelysureifistherightsection!IhavesomeideasforimprovedMPandwouldlovetohearyourideasonthataswell.HereistheLink:https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/36-multiplayers/thread/15444-suggestion-communication-and-community-while-waiting-for-next-turn

PerhapsIambreachingtheruleof"doubleposting"here?Iapologiseifthatisthecaseandasktheadminstorelocatethediscussionintherightsection.Ididitbecausenofeedbackfromtheotherforum.Apparentlyeveryonelovestochataroundinthissectionthemost..png"alt="smiley:smiley: lol"title="smiley: lol"/>]
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 15, 2012, 4:49:05 PM
Well, first I'd like it if you actually posted and not just linked the suggestion, here, though that's not complimentary.

Towards multiplayer chat, the following suggestions have been made, so far:

[LIST=1]
  • forums.amplitude-studios.com/showthread.php?6155-Multiplayer-chat-upon-entering-active-game
  • /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12324-suggestion-extendet-multiplayer-chat
  • /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12309-multiplayer-chat-lobby

• [/LIST]

No. 1 on the list isn't in your list, so let's drop it, for now.

No. 2 though proposes links instead of your ping-function, although a ping is a different implementation entirely and I'd let that stand for a suggestion in itself. He mentions, but doesn't suggest, a voice chat function, too. I'd make that a different suggestion in itself, too.

No. 3 covers your ingame community suggestion by suggesting a lobby.

To summarize, I'd recommend opening two suggestions, one on voice chat in ES, one on the ping function. Also you can, of course, recommend/bump the other suggestions.

Maybe you just edit this thread into one of the suggestions, yourself? Otherwise I'll move it, once your proposals are up. smiley: wink
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    Oct 16, 2012, 1:13:27 PM
    Thank you for your advice.

Since I am no grate fan of VoIP anyway, I leave the topic to others to discuss.

The Lobby and the Chat/Community function interest me the most.

The Ping-function is the second important suggestion, because it could realy help and improve the game. The "link"-idea from the other thread sounds nice, but i guess it is not that effective and it is probably usefull just in MP with Players. My suggestion is a Ping-Function not only helping with easy and fast communication between Players, but also triggering AI behavior and improve diplomacy (by adding diplomacy bonus/points when accepting an order/request form the Player or AI).

"Ping" in this conversation stands for the sound the function makes, not for the speed of the conection to the host!

Now I didn't really find the option to rename my thread, so I'd like to now if I need to make a new suggestion (and you delete this one) or if you can rename it for me (or tell me how to do it)?

I would love to expand my Ping idea into this Forum, while the Chat/Community idea stays for itself where it is now in the MP-Forum, if that is acceptable.
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment