Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Fix simultaneous battle engagement with queue-mechanics

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 4:35:53 PM
GAShebert wrote:
I would rather just remove the counter from the combat prompt. Let each player decide whether to auto-resolve or manually fight each battle, put the battles into a queue, and resolve them one by one. No race conditions; no missing a chance to have input on a battle.

Agreed. This would also solve some timing issues with simultaneous fleet movements, where one wants to move reinforcements before starting a battle.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 2:51:17 PM
Good Idea!

The best is if the player can choose an option. Simultaneous or one after the other.

I don´t like Real Time or simultaneous Fights in a Game that based on Rounds.

Why should i do things simultaneous, im not a Robot. I will decide my Strategie without Timepressure.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 6:19:59 PM
+1000!

The simultaneous battles also create problems with the battle actions (buggy)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 2:01:32 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
There are 1,846 threads in the Design Proposals forums. Move/Close/Reply to some of them and then add the awesome community ideas to the "Improve List" that we have. It is really not an easy thing to deal with. smiley: frown

Correction: 1005.

The archives do not count. smiley: stickouttongue

I really should do an autumn cleanup. Alas, I miss the time to do so. -.-
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 1:55:02 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
There are 1,846 threads in the Design Proposals forums. Move/Close/Reply to some of them and then add the awesome community ideas to the "Improve List" that we have. It is really not an easy thing to deal with. smiley: frown

Kinda too many ideas and too less voting options... (and too much work)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 1:34:47 PM
Dropfish wrote:
Relevant to current G2G vote. Can't believe this has been suggested already in may and made it to the devs attention only in october!

0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 18, 2012, 10:10:16 AM
Relevant to current G2G vote. Can't believe this has been suggested already in may and made it to the devs attention only in october!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 25, 2012, 2:56:52 PM
I'll add my +1. I started a thread a while ago too but I think this one explains it better.

Basically don't need to change the way battles are done, just allow every battle to have the choice of manual or auto. Queue them up. I want to have the choice to fight all my battles, don't force me to fight all but one on a turn as auto.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 25, 2012, 1:50:42 PM
I also hope that this will be changed soon as the OP explained and extended by the suggestion of Davea (no timers option for SP).
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 5:54:28 PM
GAShebert wrote:
I would rather just remove the counter from the combat prompt. Let each player decide whether to auto-resolve or manually fight each battle, put the battles into a queue, and resolve them one by one. No race conditions; no missing a chance to have input on a battle.

This must be done asap. Just discovered that it was not this way. Finished a manual battle only to find that the next battle had auto-resolved. I was not very happy with the outcome. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 4, 2012, 1:52:09 PM
Problem

Right now there's the possible exploit that one player can move his, say, three fleets into three defended systems... And then three combat timers will pop up at the same time or consecutively fast enough to resolve together.

Since this makes it inevitably impossible to manually fight all the relevant combats, the best you can sometimes do is to choose which fleet(s) you want to loose in automatic battle, if the combat is otherwise tied.

Proposed solution

First off: I do not intend to change simultaneous movement.

What I propose is simply to stop all engagement-timers after the very first one for each player.

Example:

Fleet Alpha player 1 gets attacked. Counter starts.

Fleet Beta player 1 gets attacked, while the Counter for the fight of fleet Alpha still resolved -> The Counter for the fight of Fleet Beta is greyed out and does not start.

Battle of Fleet Alpha is done.

Fleet Beta fight counter resolves.

This check should be done for each player, so two independent player pairs can fight, while allies can not put someone in a vise to disable his manual fighting capabilities.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 9:59:46 AM
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 4:15:12 AM
This is very similar to my request that no combat starts until the player makes a choice. Far too often the combat dialog will not pop to the top, like when on a planet management screen, and you end up losing a fight you could have one because auto-resolve went wrong.

Worse, I cannot count the number of times a combat dialog popped up that did not let me make a choice - it went to auto resolve on its own
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 4, 2012, 8:44:32 PM
I agree this is a good improvement. I am concerned about "deadlock", where A is waiting for B at one place, while B is waiting for A at another place. Also, I still feel that there should be a pure SP turnbased mode which has no timers at all.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 4, 2012, 5:55:57 PM
I like this as well. There have been several times when, going into a manual battle, I exit that with a victory and find that several auto battles have also concluded, some with losses I know I could have prevented should I be able to control them. I hope the devs pick up on this. smiley: approval
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment