Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Escape Pod for Heroes

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 19, 2012, 7:26:06 PM
I hate it when my hero dies in combat, nothing against heroic deaths, but, some factions really suffer loosing their heroes. A research in the techtree to add Hero escape pods on ship would be fun.

What you guys think of this?

Regards, save our heroes! smiley: healthpoints

Edit: The hero would need to travel back to nearest friendly starsystem, to not make it imbalanced.

Edit 2: I may have posted this in wrong section, sorry if so, feel free to move.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 19, 2012, 8:37:54 PM
I don't think it's such a good idea.

First of all it doesn't really fit in the story since I like to believe that fleet heroes wouldn't leave their men and flee^^

Second the hero only gets wounded and it makes sense that you get a penalty by paying with dust or waiting a few rounds, given that heroes dramatically enhance your fleets.

Third it would probably take a while until an escape pod could be recovered, so i'd say you should not be able to use him for a few rounds...which is already the case with the current mechanics..

Just my thoughts, though smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 19, 2012, 8:42:26 PM
Well at the moment the current version with an injured Hero makes more sense - but the idea itself is nice smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 19, 2012, 11:14:39 PM
If we actually lost heros when the fleet was destroyed, I'd see this as a useful addition. However, as such is not the case, I don't see much value in the devs spending precious time on implementing something like this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 20, 2012, 3:11:17 AM
If this were implemented, it should be a Hero Trait that you spend a level-up point on. This means you have to actually make a sacrifice: make your hero less useful, for the benefit of ensuring their persistent availability.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 20, 2012, 4:34:18 AM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
If this were implemented, it should be a Hero Trait that you spend a level-up point on. This means you have to actually make a sacrifice: make your hero less useful, for the benefit of ensuring their persistent availability.

That makes sense.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 20, 2012, 6:27:25 AM
How would you handle the "Death before dishonor"-racial trait, then?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 20, 2012, 6:35:15 AM
Indeed the trait would give problems with this idea.

Edit: The hero would need to travel back to nearest friendly starsystem, to not make it imbalanced.

You can only move a hero away from a star system after a few turns, so basically you get the same effect as currently:

you can only move your hero back to a fleet after x turns.

Except that, with the current version it's possible to heal the hero and use him again immediately, which is impossible in your suggestion.

Therefor I feel this would not enrich gameplay.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 20, 2012, 8:14:54 AM
Nosferatiel wrote:
How would you handle the "Death before dishonor"-racial trait, then?

This the biggest problem, I think... maybe with some work-around? smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 5:05:59 PM
My suggestion is that PER DEFAULT every ship is fitted with escape pods that gives a, oh let's say 15-50% chance of a hero escaping uninjured from a lost battle. Death Before Dishonor would still work the same way, there is a diference between losing a battle and retrating from it. Heroes with the Pilot/Adventurer tree would have acess to a trait that increased their chance of escaping unscatched from a lost battle.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 26, 2012, 10:14:53 AM
Yeah I suppose that would work. The addition of escape pods and the like would actually be more of a lore/reali

thing to explain how the hero managed to survive rather than have a real impact on the game and battles, so why not smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment