I'd like a similar idea, with strong changes
Not at all
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 10:21:59 PM
Hackuity wrote:
Exactly what I meant ^^

I've made a quick sketch on Paint of what is coming out of this idea...I'm thinking about a few random triggers and much more equally random story decisions to take, which eventually (if you can guess the right path) bring to one or two conclusions ^^

http://i.imgur.com/dcSNP.png

interesting...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 30, 2012, 6:47:54 PM
Hackuity wrote:
Is this not what I have in mind? I mean, such bonuses would not be necessarily so powerful to be game-breaking ^^

I'm just willing to see more ambiance and a clean storyline for every faction, that's it ^^

I agree with you, maybe adding such a thing in a multiplayer game can become unbalanced, but why not in a single player match?

I really like your idea. I voted for:

I'd like a similar idea, with few changes

I would also like it if certain events were so rare, that you witness it only once in lifetime playtime. So you can tell your Endless Space friends what happened and no one believes you! smiley: wink

Mkay, but ... Endless space is after all not a game you play for one round only, for each faction. You will your faction alot through various games (well, I do it that way). I ask myself if it would not take the fun away, if you have to go through the same storyline events game after game. To be interesting it would require quite an amount of different events for each faction and also not every game the same.

Otherwise maybe the storyline events would just degenerate to something alike the tech tree popups in the late game (someone else find those many tech popups each round a bit annoying ?)

So I would favor the idea with less storyline events, and maybe more faction related random events that seldom occur.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 29, 2012, 6:57:49 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Bonuses? no, I would prefer to see a string of events that slowly get worse and more costly until the universe physically attacks you. 3smiley: smile

Hahaha! Noooo, my system was sucked in by a black hole! Evil Space! smiley: yell
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 29, 2012, 12:08:59 PM
Bonuses? no, I would prefer to see a string of events that slowly get worse and more costly until the universe physically attacks you. 3smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 29, 2012, 12:09:38 AM
I'd actually prefer it if most, if not all, of the newer features were opt in as opposed to present by default.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 27, 2012, 9:39:46 AM
Waylander1982 wrote:
Any bonuses would have to be barely worth it or mildly useful at best.

Is this not what I have in mind? I mean, such bonuses would not be necessarily so powerful to be game-breaking ^^

I'm just willing to see more ambiance and a clean storyline for every faction, that's it ^^

I agree with you, maybe adding such a thing in a multiplayer game can become unbalanced, but why not in a single player match?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 26, 2012, 10:57:30 PM
Any change to the games core mechanics that can, at the whim of the RNG's disposition of systems and/or planets, completely and irrevocably alter the overall balance of power in an MP game (particularly a late game) is an inherently bad thing. Any bonuses would have to be barely worth it or mildly useful at best.

GoE's already do this early game to a point, and that isn't a good thing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 23, 2012, 7:48:47 PM
Hackuity wrote:
By the way, I'd love to know why the people voting Not at all think so ^^

Maybe we can work on something better, creating games together means facing many different ideas too ^^

They misclicked, haha!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 23, 2012, 7:44:43 PM
By the way, I'd love to know why the people voting Not at all think so ^^

Maybe we can work on something better, creating games together means facing many different ideas too ^^
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 23, 2012, 8:45:28 AM
Thanks for the support, guys ^^

As soon as possible, I will begin to sketch an example storyline...I'm really excited for the modding possibilities that a similar idea could open, too ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 10:27:07 PM
Hackuity wrote:
Exactly what I meant ^^

I've made a quick sketch on Paint of what is coming out of this idea...I'm thinking about a few random triggers and much more equally random story decisions to take, which eventually (if you can guess the right path) bring to one or two conclusions ^^

Nice sheet, these random triggers could be interesting smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 8:40:11 AM
Hi there ^^

I had this idea yesterday, while playing with the Pilgrims: I really love the great effort Amplitude put in designing races, tracts and backgrounds, and the only thing I miss is a quest system, even simple and basic: the sandbox feeling you enjoy following your own strategy is great, but I'd be realized if I could work on a greater mission, even one only, for the people I'm playing as.

For example: the Pilgrims description at the game beginning talks about their quest for Tor, the Endless home planet. Why not putting, somewhere far in the galaxy, maybe hard to reach, a system so called, granting the Pilgrims an ambiance video and a strong bonus when colonised? Again: the Sowers are waiting for the Endless comeback. We could add a random event, available only after X turns, linked with unique advantages for this faction.

I feel like this could be not a huge implementation in bytes, but one in gameplay mechanics and replayability, even in multiplayer ^^

What do you guys think? Vote the poll and let me know ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 7:05:20 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Well the random events would be determined on what you choose to do.

Exactly what I meant ^^

0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 5:37:59 PM
Well the random events would be determined on what you choose to do.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 5:26:56 PM
Hackuity wrote:
This would probably be the best way ^^

Might be, I don't know - maybe someone else has an nice idea? smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 5:25:35 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Well, maybe something like a "quest-chain" of more or less random events linked together? smiley: smile

This would probably be the best way ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 5:08:10 PM
Reminds me of a dynamic random even like a strung out a while back, it started with dealing with some shady bankers, and ended up with a mass pirate invasion of the galaxy that forges a new player into the game who starts off with a huge advanced fleet.

And all because the player was being greedy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 4:52:16 PM
Hackuity wrote:
You guys are right, a scripted sequence of events would be too predictable in multiplayer ^^

Random events would work fine, though I feel like they would weaken the sense of a great goal...what do you think?

Well, maybe something like a "quest-chain" of more or less random events linked together? smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 4:49:48 PM
So far the great goal is to win or grow to be the biggest and most advanced Empire, some random events could give timed bonuses to achieve that goal faster. For instance, improving moral for 20 turns of your systems. These random events could be to battle over a generated little star system, which lasts for some time and would be accesable through special warmwholes next to the players main system( so everyone has a chance to participate).

Just an example, but that could lead to more fun action in MP aswell as SP.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 4:39:42 PM
You guys are right, a scripted sequence of events would be too predictable in multiplayer ^^

Random events would work fine, though I feel like they would weaken the sense of a great goal...what do you think?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 3:58:26 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
I feel this would work well with a system of dynamic random events, turning average games on their head every once in a while.

True, I didn't think of random events, good point. This could very well see play in Multiplayer.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 3:54:55 PM
I feel this would work well with a system of dynamic random events, turning average games on their head every once in a while.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 3:52:35 PM
Hmm, a great idea, but I don't know if its wise to implement such a thing in multiplayer. But I see it in single player campaigns. Would be great to share more of the background story of each race and play some small missions to learn the basic streangths of each race and how you play them, maybe combine it with some tutorial aspects.

If this kind of system will be implemented and the community would be able to mod with quests, I could see great Campaigns beeing made. Approving this idea! Hope Amplitude thinks the same.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment