Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Simplify Taxation System

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 1:24:31 AM
I think it'd be interesting to listen to what the devs have to say.

Though I agree with the fact that the dust system is very convoluted, I think the reason the devs designed it in this way was because a % tax on the net operating income of a system results in INCREDIBLE dust income in mid->late game when the dust income is way higher than the cost of improvements. So maybe the multiplier method was an effort to ease out the dust effect throughout the game.

If this is indeed their concern, maybe they can still change the tax system to make it more intuitive and have upkeep cost scale up depending on some factor (such as the number of population affected by).

Just a thought.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 2:00:03 AM
Something needs to change, either the current system needs to present more info as to whether it is beneficial or not and the tax slider needs to more accurately reflect what it dose

or

Change the tax system to something less complicated.

I like parts of the current tax system it is more realistic at times. You can give out money to your citzens to make them happy and it has and high and low taxes have negative impacts on your economy its the Laffer curve in Spaceeee.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 3:09:02 PM
I agree. I just bought the game and I would hate to have to spreadsheet every system every time I want to make an improvement (to see if the improvement is worth while and to see if it remains so on different tax rates) just because the current tax system is counter intuitive.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 8:16:22 PM
ArchDuke wrote:
I agree. I just bought the game and I would hate to have to spreadsheet every system every time I want to make an improvement (to see if the improvement is worth while and to see if it remains so on different tax rates) just because the current tax system is counter intuitive.

My point exactly. It should be easier for players to build a stable empire. You shouldn't have to reevaluate your improvements on the fly just because you changed the tax level.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment