Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

More in-combat music tracks

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 12:41:17 PM
Hi forum,

the soundtrack within the game is good and varied. But I find it a bit dull to hear the same soundtrack for space combat over and over again. Especially when I have several turns with several fights.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 12:55:51 PM
Agreed. The music outside of space combat is pretty decent and it's a bit unfortunate that it's let-down by the more repititive combat music. If possible add in some audio like what we might expect to hear aboard the bridge/command centre or a ship about to blow. You wouldn't even need to add in that many if they played irregularly (once-twice a combat or as necessary). It'd be an absolutely fantastic addition that would spice up the space combat music.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 1:49:31 PM
Veneke wrote:
If possible add in some audio like what we might expect to hear aboard the bridge/command centre or a ship about to blow. You wouldn't even need to add in that many if they played irregularly (once-twice a combat or as necessary). It'd be an absolutely fantastic addition that would spice up the space combat music.
By random would be better. For example when you play in the ship about to blow sound every time, this feature would become really annoying at a certain time. In a battle of 13 ships against 7 for instance I would hear this seven times every single battle. That would be way too much.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 21, 2012, 7:38:24 PM
Hello. I was going to create a new thread, but found this one. I immensely enjoyed variety which was added to the already good soundtrack since release (haven't played in a while:redfacesmiley: smile. But what was often troubling me is the battle theme. Those clanging percussion and clanking brass were getting just too hard for my ears after several fights on a single turn. And when you're in long-term war, this makes you wish to do auto-battle instead of manual just because you tired of process, which you really shouldn't be in a game. Don't get me wrong, the track is not bad and actually pretty decent when you listen to it by itself, but as what you hear for a very big portion of time - it's far from perfect.

So what I'm suggesting is to add some calmer battle theme(s), or still tense, but with warmer and softer sound palette, so it would be there and never tire you. It could be either synth or orchestral, the whole point is in sound here, at least so I believe. But! If you wouldn't want to change that clanging feel of the battle, if not other, I'd take a couple compositions of any kind, because variety would be a savior here in any case. You can tie themes to location and state of fleets, or just play by random.

I also hope that thread won't get lost again, so if any of you guys feel same (or oppositely), write about it.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment