Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endgame

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 5, 2013, 3:44:09 AM
I have a proposal that may be intresting. We have these regular "End of Game"/victory events that happen when a certain faction reaches their goal to win the game. What if their is an "Endgame Boss"? By that I mean that you and several other factions will try to prepare for the boss who will arrive in your galaxy and it's goal is to eradicate everything. Or if you feel like being a troll, you could attack the other factions to weaken them for the boss and try to gain xp points (and "salvage" if you could) to better prepare yourself.

The boss (It could be several fleets or the like that will try to spread to other systems and planets to weaken and eventually destroy the players/factions) will originate from the center of the galaxy.

The boss will only arrive at a certain number of turns. For instance, on easy difficulty the boss arrives at around 200 turns. On hard, the boss arrives at around 75 turns.

When the boss arrives, you will have to try to survive a certain amount of turns before you happen to discover a superweapon capable of being able to destroy the boss. (Again, difficulty will influence how many turns you have to try to survive in order to stumble upon a superweapon discovery)

For the superweapon, have it something that can be stationed on a planet or two (or a ship that takes alot of time to produce). But it can only be used when a space battle is engaged with that certain superweapon ship or other ships to "help" with the aiming of the superweapon. (Think of spotters for a sniper)

I hope I put enough of a basic idea to be implemented succesfully. Thank you for your time in reading this and if you have any comments or ideas supporting this, please put them down. I would like to hear about them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 5, 2013, 10:19:42 AM
So what you're saying is "Wouldn't a Mass Effect/Babylon 5/Stargate scenario mode be amazing!?".

I'm pretty sure there are a few mods working on something to this effect.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 5, 2013, 2:27:03 PM
When you say Boss i presume you mean the Endless smiley: wink

To much action for me personally although it would most certainly be fun to try out extra game modes with this type of... anomalies
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 5, 2013, 2:55:52 PM
Hero or heroes should also play some part in it, like one would have to sacrifice him/herself. I watched Stargate SG-1 yesterday, sorry!smiley: yell
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 5, 2013, 10:00:54 PM
Sounds like the ending of Master of Orion II. smiley: stickouttongue I wouldn't be opposed to it as an optional thing/special scenario.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 6, 2013, 3:09:45 PM
Fanboying aside this idea completely limits gameplay into preparing for some set piece boss event which is not fun. The reason ES is fun is because you can make each game different, its an open world. Sorry but I dont support this idea at all. A mod or third party scenario would probably be your best bet for this to be a reality
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 6, 2013, 8:04:18 PM
I like the idea as a scenario,

The open is good but it would be cool if their were "story scenarios" or something as an optional selection at game start. series of linked objectives that tell a story or whatever.

I'm sure there will eventually be mods for some things like this but it would be nice to have some other optional game types.

Boss battle scenario.

revolution scenario.

take a fleet and survive crossing enemy space scenario.

and so on.

Aside from that what i would like to see for the current endings is a spoken ending for each victory type and each empire.

Like how we have the intro's for each faction now.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment