Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

More realistic planet ordering

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 29, 2013, 4:40:39 AM
I offer a humble suggestion, something that doesn't affect gameplay but just something to satisfy my spidey senses. In game, when looking at a system, I will see something like:

Barren, Helium Giant, Jungle, Lava

Now, scientifically, the gas giants should be on the outer edges, not in the middle (unless there are plutoids out there, maybe that's what a 'barren' is?). Asteroid belt 'planets' could possibly be past them. It's just something that bothers me a little each time I see it, because other than that, I have found the science facty-ness of this game to be above average in making sure things aren't completely haywire.

Anyway, just my two cents.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 31, 2013, 12:12:17 AM
your beating a dead horse, its been raised for ages.

Trouble is, the developers raised the stakes by not filtering bonus/negative traits of planets so not only is the order bad, you get even dumber combinations of bonus or negative traits on planets...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 31, 2013, 3:36:54 AM
hey man, i would love to live on a gas giant with coral reefs close to the sun.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 31, 2013, 6:14:52 AM
Yes, this topic is up many times. You can find the answer in "Community Suggestions Amplitude is following" sticky topic and it is

"Realistic representation - More realistic representation of solar system, planets and other orbital objects X"

when X means "Never - either not possible or simply not in our vision"

So it is sad but Amplitude team don`t wont ES be the game pretend to be a little bit more realistic smiley: frown mb because the "realistic" is the point of Enless Arguing smiley: smile

BTW I prefer Gas Giant to be not coloniziable at all.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 31, 2013, 8:37:22 AM
Well, realistically: barrens would be horrible to colonize, no life of any sort or even traces of war, a cooler venus basically. Lava and ocean are just insane XD. Gas Giants... you have have factories orbiting sucking up all the gases? haha. But it's a game revolving around a race that had colonized every planet type and even changed some to suit their needs (from terran to gas for example to get rid of the fleshies, yarr) And if you want it to be realistic, we'd have a lot of gas giants and barrens mate, and not much else :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 31, 2013, 1:32:39 PM
You can colonise gas giants, you just cant go and get some fresh air.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 2, 2013, 4:18:28 PM
stasik28 wrote:
Well, realistically: barrens would be horrible to colonize, no life of any sort or even traces of war, a cooler venus basically. Lava and ocean are just insane XD. Gas Giants... you have have factories orbiting sucking up all the gases? haha. But it's a game revolving around a race that had colonized every planet type and even changed some to suit their needs (from terran to gas for example to get rid of the fleshies, yarr) And if you want it to be realistic, we'd have a lot of gas giants and barrens mate, and not much else :P

For what races? Why can't there be a race who likes the barren planets? They didn't have to start on one obviously but could have evolved/been created to like them. That is another problem with this game, samey samey races.

I figure the reason more realistic planets/systems isn't going to happen is that they don't have the skill to code it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 2, 2013, 7:22:29 PM
These things take time Shivetya, they have to cover all of the 4X bases first before they can move onto that kind of stuff.

MOO2 was the second game, ES2 could eaily become just as complex and enthralling.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 4, 2013, 10:35:25 AM
If you pay attention to the generic planet shot when you select a gas giant they don't live on the planet, they live in space colonies around the planet.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment