Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Searching the science tree

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 31, 2013, 5:18:46 AM
Currently you can only search for research names and for the names of the stuff unlocked by the researches. Why not add keywords (fids, food, missile, improvement, empire improvement, star system improvement etc...) so stuff can be found even quicker?

Also in addition to/replacing the cycling just dim non-matches or highlight matches so you can quickly glance over the entire tree to see where some improvements are.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 31, 2013, 1:17:25 PM
I agree with that.

Currently, the technology search feature isn't really convenient, barely usable.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 31, 2013, 3:54:11 PM
I've used it plenty, if my friend is talking about "adpative colonies" and i forget what that is exactly bam it takes me there.

I'm not sure how relevant this would be. The tree is already laid out such that similar upgrades are in the same tree. If you typed in "science" you'd get a bunch of results in the right tree. Type in dust and you get the left tree. Doesn't seem very helpful.

I understand the tech tree can be daunting, and difficult to grasp at first, but as you play more you will learn where the important upgrades are, and you begin to recognize them from just their pictures.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 31, 2013, 5:05:21 PM
IMO I think that when you search for technologies, it should just highly all the technologies relevant (like how ctrl+f works on browsers lol). Currently it "jumps" to the technology, which is very slow if you have 5-6 technologies with the same keyword.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 9:46:01 AM
I don't think that is that important.

Like Affinity said, after some games you know what is where in tech tree.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 11:30:24 AM
Lord_S wrote:
I don't think that is that important.

Like Affinity said, after some games you know what is where in tech tree.

Well, it's not just that you get to know the techs after a while, it's also the fact that you can find the technologies you want by simply looking at the different trees: Diplomacy&Trade, Exploration&Expansion, Science, Warfare. And even then, you have the different colours that allow you to identify the effects of the technology: pink for approval, orange for industry, yellow for Dust and so on. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 2:17:10 PM
Steph'nie wrote:
Well, it's not just that you get to know the techs after a while, it's also the fact that you can find the technologies you want by simply looking at the different trees: Diplomacy&Trade, Exploration&Expansion, Science, Warfare. And even then, you have the different colours that allow you to identify the effects of the technology: pink for approval, orange for industry, yellow for Dust and so on. smiley: smile

It's just for newer players, the current system is usable and I agree there are higher priorities, but it could be improved somewhat. You do have colours to codify each tech but I feel the "jump to tech" is less intuitive and helpful for newer players instead of just highlighting all possible results out for players.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment