Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

SUGGESTION Having an option to disallow research trading in multiplayer games

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 8, 2013, 12:19:00 AM
Can you please put an option (a button) in game setup to forbid technology trading. It is really overpowered and kind of defeats the purpose of investing in research as much, especially in multiplayers.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 8, 2013, 1:41:02 AM
And that is a problem? I mean, if you are in good term with another player, you can share pretty much anything you want (planets, ressources, trade), why sharing tech is a problem? Don't forget that those tech trade aren't permanent, they can be broken or become useless if one party get the tech on their own.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 8, 2013, 2:58:34 AM
Foraven wrote:
And that is a problem? I mean, if you are in good term with another player, you can share pretty much anything you want (planets, ressources, trade), why sharing tech is a problem? Don't forget that those tech trade aren't permanent, they can be broken or become useless if one party get the tech on their own.

I would imagine 3 pals going into a multiplayer with each researching a different technology tree and tossing all their researches to eachother for free would be pretty hilarious.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 8, 2013, 3:57:16 AM
Yes that is a problem. If your research can be quadrupled if you have 3 allies than all fids are worth 4 times more than research. It kinds of completely change the dynamic of the game if you can research 4 time faster. At least put a dust cost to tech trading. Civ 5 understood how broken it was and they completely changed it to having research agreement between two players that would cost gold and that would give a research boost if the research agreement wasn't broken before it ended.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 8, 2013, 3:44:32 PM
Closed your other thread (as they were similar).

Also, this subject has been discussed many times - Use the "search feature" before creating a new thread in the future. smiley: smile Thank you!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment