Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Internal Trade

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 27, 2013, 5:52:44 PM
I agree that trade right now is broken too easily, it can be very profitable but it is too perilous, with a simple war declaration making trade useless in that respect. I also agree that Amplitude has designed the game so that there are a lot of techs (and even a hero tree) devoted to it, yet it is broken so easily which makes no sense game-design wise.

I'm not totally convinced that internal trade is the way to go though. IMO it is better to simply introduce a tech that allows partial trading (25/50%) during war/cold-war. You could have the cold-war trading tech branching off of Relativistic Markets and the war trading tech somewhere further up the left tech tree. You could then introduce a corporate hero skill that grants another 25% (additive to the prior tech) increase to trade during war/cold-war, make it require Veteran 3. Of course, the Craver's either simply wouldn't have those two techs, or have them much further up the tech tree.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 31, 2012, 4:46:14 PM
I second the need for a 'internal trade', or 'domestic trade' game mechanic.

I think it should have a few mechanics though:

Some of the trade improvements could increse the % dust from domestic trade lanes.

The trade bonus could start at less than 50%, but would get stronger with technology advancement.

The internal trade would also get a cumulative bonus according to the total number of trade lanes doing domestic trade. This could be research-unlockable, or start at a very low bonus and improve.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment