Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Terraforming is confusing (until you figure it out)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 27, 2013, 4:26:20 PM
When I first played Endless Space and researched terraforming, I didn't understand how it worked; first I thought terraforming was like building buildings, so I was just terraforming my planets all back and forth to different things, thinking each time I was adding the given number of per-person fids. Then after that, I didn't understand how the tiers of planets worked, and when you could or could not terraform one planet type to another.

My suggestion for helping to fix this would be to add some sort of flow chart which shows all the planet types and their per-person fids, along with all the researched and potential terraforming transitions. This could be accessible from the planet view, next to the terraforming buttons (and/or somewhere else - a summary of planet types might be useful in other contexts as well).

A semi-related suggestion is that it would be nice to be able to see a per-person fids summary (including resource & empire bonuses) for each planet in the system view, in addition to its total fids. This would be very helpful for managing population across planets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 7:13:06 PM
One way to help eliviate this problem is simply to make planet tiers disapear, as in, allow you to terraform anythig into anything. I mean, why wouldn't I be allowed to convert my ocean to a lava? What's stopping me make a jungle into barran?

I mean, it'd be a horrible idea in most circumstances, but sometimes you just want to watch the world burn smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 11:33:53 PM
easy way to notice that which planet is better, look at Approval Bonus it give >_>

at very first i though Barren would be better than Lava (heck, my common sense said live in planet with nothing should better than live in flame burst planet)

i was wrong, turn out both of them are same!! except FIDS bonus.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 11:40:42 PM
Gameslayer989 wrote:
One way to help eliviate this problem is simply to make planet tiers disapear, as in, allow you to terraform anythig into anything. I mean, why wouldn't I be allowed to convert my ocean to a lava? What's stopping me make a jungle into barran?

I mean, it'd be a horrible idea in most circumstances, but sometimes you just want to watch the world burn smiley: cool

Because this game is meant to be realisitc, and you can't make water from lava just like that :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 1:00:33 AM
Gameslayer989 wrote:

well your people will stop you and sack you!smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 2:26:04 AM
you can turn your lovely green jungle full of life into shit hell hole that burst flame every second to ensure your outside and inside will be medium raw or well done.

it need to follow step by step, Jungle/Terran/Ocean > Arid/Tundra > Arctic/Desert > Lava/Barren
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 2:32:57 AM
No. Why would anyone, especially an emperor, ever do that. That's a waste of resources, time, and people.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 2:43:00 AM
FreedomFighterEx wrote:
you can turn your lovely green jungle full of life into shit hell hole that burst flame every second to ensure your outside and inside will be medium raw or well done.

it need to follow step by step, Jungle/Terran/Ocean > Arid/Tundra > Arctic/Desert > Lava/Barren

You forgot that everything there > asteroids
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 3:48:27 AM
you can't convert planet into asteroids or asteroids into planet smiley: frown

i wish if we dakka dakka enough, planet might turn into asteroids smiley: smile

stasik28 wrote:
No. Why would anyone, especially an emperor, ever do that. That's a waste of resources, time, and people.

if enemy about to take my system then i'm the one that would do that.

me 0, you 0 too!!!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment