Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Weapon and Defense modifications

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 7:08:45 PM
It just occurred to me that weapon and defense modules could be modified with additional effects by mounting a separate module.

A modification module effect all weapon and defense of a kind on the ship it's mounted. The level of modification indicate the tech in the respective tree that enables it.

Modifications do not stack so there is never a reason to mount more than one of a given kind.

Here are some examples, [ithey are example only and are by no mean balanced.

Missile Modifications

Mine Launchers (2) - Spawn mines on the path of the enemy fleet during phase zero if the ship is defending. Mines are treated as additional missiles for purpose of combat calculations.

EMP Warheads (4) - A successful missile strike also stun the enemy ship for 1 combat round, disabling its attack and defense.

Nano Warheads (6) - Intercepted missiles will inflict 10% damage.

Multiple Warheads (8) - A intercepted missile will generate 3 additional missiles that target the same ship that each does 20% damage.

Rapid Launch (9) - All missiles that would be fired in the battle will be fired during the first round of the long range phase.

Fighter Modifications

Decoy Probes (2) - Launches 3 times as many fighters that can't shoot.

Sentry Drones (4) - Instead of fighters, sentry drones are launched. They are very effective against fighters and bombers but float around friendly ships instead of intercepting.

Tactical strike (6) - A successful hit from fighter has a chance of damaging a module as well as hull.

Electronic attack craft (8) - Enemy ships that are current targets of friendly fighters lose 50% accuracy.

Target Painters (9) - Friendly ships and bombers targeting current targets of friendly fighters have 100% accuracy.

Flak Modifications

Energy Shields (2) - Each flak module also provide 50 HP of shield that must be depleted before hull is damaged. shields recharge completely between battles.

Turbulent Barrier (4) - Flak modules also attack enemy strike craft for 20 damage per round.

Viscoelastic shields (6) - Flak modules also deflect 5 Kinetic projectile per round

Neutron Injectors (8) - Flak modules absorb 10 laser damage per round

Directed shield (9) - Flak modules deals 20 laser damage per round to targeted enemy ship in melee phase XD.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 7:30:03 PM
Defence modules can only defend against one type of attack.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 7, 2013, 1:33:47 AM
Added my thoughts in the quote with <<>> because I am not cool enough to multi quote smiley: smile

Nerdfish wrote:
It just occurred to me that weapon and defense modules could be modified with additional effects by mounting a separate module.

A modification module effect all weapon and defense of a kind on the ship it's mounted. The level of modification indicate the tech in the respective tree that enables it.

Modifications do not stack so there is never a reason to mount more than one of a given kind.

Here are some examples, [itheyareexampleonlyandarebynomeanbalanced.

MissileModifications

MineLaunchers(2)-Spawnminesonthepathoftheenemyfleetduringphasezeroiftheshipisdefending.Minesaretreatedasadditionalmissilesforpurposeofcombatcalculations.

<>

EMPWarheads(4)-Asuccessfulmissilestrikealsostuntheenemyshipfor1combatround,disablingitsattackanddefense.

<>

NanoWarheads(6)-Interceptedmissileswillinflict10%damage.

<>

MultipleWarheads(8)-Ainterceptedmissilewillgenerate3additionalmissilesthattargetthesameshipthateachdoes20%damage.

<>

RapidLaunch(9)-Allmissilesthatwouldbefiredinthebattlewillbefiredduringthefirstroundofthelongrangephase.

<>

FighterModifications

DecoyProbes(2)-Launches3timesasmanyfightersthatcan'tshoot.

>

SentryDrones(4)-Insteadoffighters,sentrydronesarelaunched.Theyareveryeffectiveagainstfightersandbombersbutfloataroundfriendlyshipsinsteadofintercepting.

<>

Tacticalstrike(6)-Asuccessfulhitfromfighterhasachanceofdamagingamoduleaswellashull.

<>

Electronicattackcraft(8)-Enemyshipsthatarecurrenttargetsoffriendlyfighterslose50%accuracy.

<>

TargetPainters(9)-Friendlyshipsandbomberstargetingcurrenttargetsoffriendlyfightershave100%accuracy.

<>

FlakModifications

EnergyShields(2)-Eachflakmodulealsoprovide50HPofshieldthatmustbedepletedbeforehullisdamaged.shieldsrechargecompletelybetweenbattles.

<,pleaseclarify>>

TurbulentBarrier(4)-Flakmodulesalsoattackenemystrikecraftfor20damageperround.

<>

Viscoelasticshields(6)-Flakmodulesalsodeflect5Kineticprojectileperround

<>

NeutronInjectors(8)-Flakmodulesabsorb10laserdamageperround

<>

Directedshield(9)-Flakmodulesdeals20laserdamageperroundtotargetedenemyshipinmeleephaseXD.

<>

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 7, 2013, 2:28:33 AM
JE 66:

Those example only illustrate the sort of thing modification modules could potentially do, I don't suggest them to be implemented as such.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 7, 2013, 11:23:26 PM
Nerdfish:

Fair enough. My concern is the AI already has a hard enough time with only 3 defenses and 3 weapons. Some of your ideas have some intriquing possibilities though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 7:12:06 AM
Reminds me of MoO2's "special" slot. I like it. Would make combat and ship design more interesting.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment