Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Multiplayer teams and alliance victory

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 3:55:24 PM
I have not seen this topic on any forum, so I wanted to bring it up. One of the thing great things about playing multiplayer in strategy games is also the option of playing teams against the computer or against other teams of humans. Also, it would be great if there was a "true alliance" in a game where you don't start as a team, but you join together with another computer or human in order to win a victory condition. I understand that most everybody loves to be the last man standing, but there is room for this type of gameplay and I think it would enhance the diplomacy system, if implemented carefully.

Please let me know if this is a topic that would ever be considered....

Thanks
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 4:16:15 PM
I think someone brought this up back when the game first came out. I agreed then, and I still do. A friend of mine only plays in coop games, and when we play together we'd like to win or lose as a team. Not the current "oh, well you won so I guess we won" situation, which although we know what happened is kind of unsatisfying.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 13, 2013, 1:36:01 PM
this would be just awesome for the MP... i could finally create a clan or something...

but one step before the other...there is still much work in MP the Desyncs are still our great Nemesis.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 1:11:36 AM
I have not had as many issues with out of sync errors as most people, but I thought this was a good idea even for single player. The idea is you should be able to team up with another human or computer player and to share victory conditions, similiar to civ iv. It would also add more diplomatic options in the game since u could also make alliance mean more since you share victory or you could have two alliance types in a normal game (normal alliance and full co-op alliance). As it is now, there is almost no reason to ever join up with another player in an alliance because you just give the other player a better chance for them to win. I know this is probably far away from being considered, but maybe it is worth making this the best space game diplomacy system ever implemented.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment