Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Power Module bonuses per CP instead of ships

The idea is good. About the half of the modules should work like Lord_S said
The idea is good. All the modules should work like Lord_S said
The idea could be improved (say how if you have an idea)
The idea is bad (say why)
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 23, 2013, 7:36:58 PM
There are some power modules which give a fleet bonuses for each ship it's built on. For example Gravitic Energy and Neutrino Pulsion.

The bad thing about this is how strong a glass cannon tactic can get due to this.

Let's say you have 16 CP. If you build a fleet completely consisting of destroyers each one with let's say Gravitic Energy the fleet gets 160% additional damage. I think everyone can imagine in what this results.

But if you build 4 dreads (16 CP) with this Power Module the fleet only get's 40%. Still not bad but compared to 160%...

My idea is that at least some of the power modules count per CP and not per ship. So a dread get's 4 times the bonuses as a destroyers get. I think it would be best if not all of the power modules would work like this but only about the half. The rest would still be per CP.

Also this wouldn't affect the power modules which only give a bonus to the ship on which they're equipped.

There are to reasons why this would help:

1. It would make glass cannon tactic less useful.

2. It would make bigger ships more useful. They are later tech than smaller ships so they should be better normally.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 23, 2013, 8:07:55 PM
I think they nerfed destroyer glass cannons (probably not...) but they did make dreadnoughts more viable. They now have a lot more tonnage and (outside of missile spamming) will probably 1v6 destroyers, even if the dreadnought goes glass cannon. Especially with the help of barrier (tankier) or Target Locked (damage bonus).

In short, I have no option but it's possible that this might be exploited (I haven't done it or faced it (vs AI at least :P)) so it should be looked into further smiley: ohh
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 6:14:51 PM
That's a nice idea. It does feel silly that larger ships can't provide more fleet support than an armada of small fodders. Maybe there could be scalled up version of the power modules for larger ships that can't be fitted into the smaller ones...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 7:24:17 PM
Some of the power mods affect ships, some fleets.

I like it the way it is.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 8:17:10 PM
I don't like this, because it would make it so that your fleet would take damage when there is no need to. IE when a fleet of 3 dreads and 5 battleships attack a lone dread, this dread could really do allot of damage. While this is not a bad thing per say, it would certainly turn battles into blood bath, with the battles very rarely lasting into the Melee phase.

That being said, I suggest this:

Take the advantage away from the small ships.

How?

Per subsequent ship in the fleet, the bonus drops by 1%

Therefore, the new calculation for 16 destroyers would be | 10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1+0-1-2-3-4-5 = 40

Here are some stats:

16 Destroyers: +40% (10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1+0-1-2-3-4-5 = 40)

22 Destroyers: -11% (10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1+0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 = -11)

4 Dreadnoughts: +34% (10+9+8+7 = 34)

3 Dreadnoughts, 5 BattleShips: +52% (10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3 = 52)

5 Dreadnoughts, 1 BattleShip: +47% (10+9+8+7+6+5 = 47)

Thus a balance of small and large ships would be encouraged.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 25, 2013, 6:59:52 PM
I don't think a change to this is needed. The space cost is much more restrictive to smaller ships. If you were to make them worse for smaller ships, then it wouldn't be worth getting. If you also made it cost more space on the larger ships, then it would make some sense...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment