Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Changing the star system screen

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 28, 2013, 3:53:02 PM
pretty awesome idea, I really like that. Although the current system view is fine and quite nice to look at, the option of having something along the lines of what T41 suggested would be awesome!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 4, 2013, 7:39:46 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Sure, I could go for ships and stars being in the system view (Both in galaxy view and system view)

But if its not IN the expansion pack, it needs to come After. Expansion > this

Yes, the Automatons need new ships(or will that be a free add-on?). A new screen can wait, but it would just be a nice new addition to make the game look even better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 4, 2013, 7:28:18 PM
Sure, I could go for ships and stars being in the system view (Both in galaxy view and system view)

But if its not IN the expansion pack, it needs to come After. Expansion > this
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 4, 2013, 7:17:24 PM
strangeday6473 wrote:
i know that this has already been posted on these fourms, but having ships traveling between the planets would be an awesome micalanious thing between two or more colonized planets.

Thats a great idea! Watching the ship slowly getting closer would be much more entertaining then a turn-timer.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 8:01:03 PM
i know that this has already been posted on these fourms, but having ships traveling between the planets would be an awesome micalanious thing between two or more colonized planets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 12:03:08 PM
That be really fancy. In any case I'd suggest however to make it toggleable in the options so depending on personal(and Hardware) preferences you can choose between:

Functional - larger UI with a que that makes up most of the left side and no Tilt/zoom animation to enhance preformance.

Standard - current

Enhanced - the suggested System view with planets orbiting the Huge Sun, maybe cut some corners on the UI to leave more room for them Planets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 11:18:15 AM
How about a more tactical version of the pic proposed by T41, as in a system view from above, and when one hovers over a pic this would then show some details, with the option of clicking on a planet to zoom in (as it currently functions) to show all the details?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 6:41:53 AM
T41 wrote:
True, but if they did implement this feature, or maybe even in the normal Solar System screen, they could show ships orbiting them.

I fully agree with that and I would like that satellites, like the one that boosts system influence in system improvements, are visible in orbiting the planets. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 12:57:15 AM
MasterNecromancer wrote:
Well as much as it would be prettier the current star system screen is the most functional and practical imho.

True, but if they did implement this feature, or maybe even in the normal Solar System screen, they could show ships orbiting them.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 11:59:17 PM
Let me start by saying that I really enjoy this game, it's a great experience when I play single player and it's fun to play against friends. What I was thinking was with the star system screen/interface it would look awesome if the planets where actually set in orbit around their respective stars. I'm not at all saying that the old screen should be scrapped, I really love that too, I just thought it would be a nice touch to have that as the default and a toggle option for people who a) want to play competitively and don't want the hassle of scrolling in on planets and asteroids to click on them, b) don't have the graphics capacity for such a stellar view or c) don't like change. I play this game because it looks great and is set in space, and that is enough for this game to have sucked away hours of my life, so something like this would really add to the experience.

I'm not sure if it's a feasible request but it's something that I think would make the game just that little but better. What do the rest of you think, would this add to the game or take away?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 12:23:11 PM
why not make a optional view that makes the system look like the solar system views in the mass effect series? but when you click on them, you get the planet view that you normally get when you click on a planet currently in-game.

i'm all for it, but this can be quite bothersome with some players that want to have a clean, organized, and optimal HUD.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 2:07:36 AM
Azzeral wrote:
Another feature for this would be when there is a blockade, the ships would be in the picture of the system as well.

I have been waiting for some notion of an invasion in the system screen almost since the game came out. And (I don't mean to rant) there are already platforms orbiting the planets and meteors that explode on impact, so maybe they will also see to that in the expansion.

And what do you mean by ordered correctly? Hottest closer to the sun and coldest farthest away?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 19, 2013, 10:07:10 PM
I was thinking something like that, but have the planets actually orbiting the star, I mean yes it's not going to add much to the players who are already playing the game but it would still look really cool. When people play the game for the first time, see friends playing or even rating the game for their company the first thing they see in game should be spectacular.

It'll be a lot of work to get it to run. But if you think about it, they've already got the planets, the rotation of the planets and they have the star. Most of the work is done in that respect. All they need to do is work out some way to have the planets in orbit.

Another feature for this would be when there is a blockade, the ships would be in the picture of the system as well.

I'm not saying it'll be easy but with an expansion coming up I'm sure they could add this to make that game slightly more awesome. Think about what Total Biscuit would say if, when reviewing the expansion, went into a star system and saw the planets orbiting the star, "Does it add to the game play? No. Does it add to the experience, Hell Yes".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 19, 2013, 8:47:35 PM
IamPr1celess wrote:
Wow! That's nice example!

Thanks, I just googled Solar Systems... The power of the Internet smiley: smile.

And yes, I suppose it is a bit much making the ships for the Automatons and designing ships for the Harmony.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 18, 2013, 11:15:47 AM
T41 wrote:
Hmmm that's an interesting proposal that I never really thought about. But to get a better idea, were you thinking of this or something else?

Wow! That's nice example!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment