Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

SUGGESTION Fear factor in diplomatic relations

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Apr 5, 2013, 8:13:03 AM
I browsed through the diplomatic suggestions and didn't find this one reported, so:

SUGGESTION:

There should be fear factor in diplomatic relations. I find it quite annoying that a one system dying empire (without any allies) declares war on me, when I'm waaaay stronger than they are. You should also be able to bully these poor losers to give you almost everything they have got (Vassal/Slave status also, but that would be suggestion #2)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 7, 2013, 11:43:45 AM
"Id rather die then to die as a slave"

I think this option is not that nice. I see the war declaration as a last try of a proud nation. But yes i want to have more diplomacy in ES in many ways and Vassal/Slave statuses are options
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 8:21:46 PM
PekkaTa wrote:
I browsed through the diplomatic suggestions and didn't find this one reported, so:

SUGGESTION:

There should be fear factor in diplomatic relations. I find it quite annoying that a one system dying empire (without any allies) declares war on me, when I'm waaaay stronger than they are. You should also be able to bully these poor losers to give you almost everything they have got (Vassal/Slave status also, but that would be suggestion #2)

I agree with the fear factor, that makes a lot of sense... but disagree with them giving you almost everything they have, because it would make more sense to just take the system!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 9:42:28 AM
The_Quasar wrote:
I agree with the fear factor, that makes a lot of sense... but disagree with them giving you almost everything they have, because it would make more sense to just take the system!

Yes. That was very vaguely written of me smiley: smile

More meant that:

1) One-Two system "beaten" empires wouldn't dare declaring war on you, not unless they find a nice and strong ally.

2) You could force them to pay you tributes of money and strategic/luxury resources (to some extent, not all). This way you wouldn't need to conquer them. Actually, given system expansion penalties and initial "occupation" penalties, leaving small empires un-conquered would become even more viable strategy. With the AI amplitude could also improve immersion and race-diversion by making some empires more prone to leave these beaten empires alone. For example : Cravers would unmercifully conquer all, but sophons might leave a "harmless" mini-empire to exist.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment