Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Evacuation ship balance...

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 12:29:45 PM
Even though i like the Pilgrims, i had never used their evacuation ship before a day ago... And noticed there is a great imbalance in it's use. First it's dirt cheap, you can easily use them as colony ships that move large population around along the improvements. Second the in combat ships still show a normal colonizer, while the icon show a dread like ship. Probably no one really noticed though, colony ships rarely enter combat, but that colony ship, while being extremely valuable with it's pop and improvements has the stock ship HPs, thus a very juicy kill if you can catch one off guard. I also noticed the AI can use it, especially when it's cheaper than a colony ship, bumping the price will also prevent the AI from over using the feature and risk losing a system worth of population and upgrades by running into enemy ships.

Things to change:

-Bring it's price up. 1000 industry seem appropriate (considering how many pop and improvements can be loaded in it).

-Change the model to look like a dread, and bring it's HPs to 1200 or so. That thing can't be armored or armed so i think some extra HPs are needed.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 12:37:30 PM
1000 may be too expensive ( I would leave it at 400 myself), and you have to remember most races get their bonuses for free. Pilgrims actually can end up spending the entire game without ever once using their affinity bonus. Whether or not this justifies it being as cheap as it is I don't know, but when the sowers balance mod is put into the actual game it definatly needs to be looked at again since right now it's cheaper than the normal colony ships...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 12:43:24 PM
Gameslayer989 wrote:
They arn't incredibly cheap, and you have to remember most races get their bonuses for free. Pilgrims actually can end up spending the entire game without ever once using their affinity bonus. Whether or not this jsutifies it being as cheap as it is I don't know, but when system raising comes in in the expansion this will need to be looked at again.

Well, it's incredibly cheap if you account how much you can load in them for the price of a single colony ship. With bumped colony ship cost, it get even more tempting to use the feature. And i found out while modding, the AI Pilgrims does use the evacuations ships.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 12:45:12 PM
Considering that the Pilgrim affinity is much like the Sowers de facto unseen in Multiplayer cause they are seen as an inferior affinity i cant see how u can wanna bump the costs of the evacuation ship.

in fact the doupling of the costs of the colony modul could infact make the use evacuation ships of the pilgrims at least realy worth it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 12:51:41 PM
Foraven wrote:
First it's dirt cheap, you can easily use them as colony ships that move large population around along the improvements.

Man, everyone uses fleet errant as a colony ship. Did you think that Pilgrims' unique ability provide a player only a chance to run away? You suggest now to nerf the Pilgrims to death.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 1:25:31 PM
Vicarious wrote:
Man, everyone uses fleet errant as a colony ship. Did you think that Pilgrims' unique ability provide a player only a chance to run away? You suggest now to nerf the Pilgrims to death.

Aren't you over-reacting? Nerf them to death, come on. It's not like they can't function at all if that feature cost a bit more. Besides it makes sense that they should cost at least 2 normal colony ships (they will bump the price in next patch).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 2:32:16 PM
Foraven wrote:
Aren't you over-reacting? Nerf them to death, come on. It's not like they can't function at all if that feature cost a bit more. Besides it makes sense that they should cost at least 2 normal colony ships (they will bump the price in next patch).

Let’s not argue. Just try to play as the Pilgrims without using an admin hero. Then make a balanced custom faction with Pilgrim affinity (don’t pick legendary heroes trait) and test it without using an admin hero.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment