Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

The Year War--Canon?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 10, 2013, 1:28:22 PM
Alsojames wrote:
That works.

If they were to use the 1kyw as a campaign, it'd probably be just a giant tutorial where the player plays as the UUR fighting the Empire, and is told to build up a fleet to go here to defend the system or something as part of combat training.

C'mon man! Think big!

All we need are some modders and artists who are into the 1kyw project, and we could actually get something going!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 14, 2013, 9:48:13 PM
n18991c wrote:
Exactly. I like taking things slow... lol

The longer the game = the better

And I'm not talking putting the game on slow. I mean 1000 turns of full on research, combat, and improvement building. Not just reaching turn 200 and then stagnating
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 10:07:54 AM
Alsojames wrote:
QUICKLY?

A game of ES usually only lasts a couple hundred turns XD

Exactly. I like taking things slow... lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 10:51:29 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Endless Space is really lacking a campaign aspect.

The problem is they need to do it right with out it looking cheesy.

Oh, so true smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 10:49:42 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:

Answer: The 1KY smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 10:39:56 PM

0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 11:36:41 PM
n18991c wrote:
can we make it a million year war please? I don't want it to be over so quickly... smiley: stickouttongue

QUICKLY?

A game of ES usually only lasts a couple hundred turns XD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 4:10:19 PM
Alsojames wrote:
Well that would be cool. Anyone interested? XD

ME!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Million year war???

Darn you, Endless Aomeba thing. lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 3:59:56 PM
can we make it a million year war please? I don't want it to be over so quickly... smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 9, 2013, 2:34:11 PM
By now you've probably heard about the Thousand Year War--the community project that's gained the attention of the community and devs (and even inspired an in-game hero). My idea is to take this project one step further--make it canon.

I'm not saying make an entire campaign around the idea (though that would kick ass). I have 2 ideas:

Add locations from the 1kYW to the list of system names available in the game. So you, too can conquer the Madrigal and Pinnacle systems (among others)

Add the UUR as a faction--all we need is art and traits. The ship designs could be a reskin of another race.

EDIT: The Year War....well that's a silly type XD

Just some ideas. The Thousand Year War has already become hyper-popular. Maybe I'm just going a bit crazy with it, but how cool would it be to have something like this realized? smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 10, 2013, 10:31:42 AM
That works.

If they were to use the 1kyw as a campaign, it'd probably be just a giant tutorial where the player plays as the UUR fighting the Empire, and is told to build up a fleet to go here to defend the system or something as part of combat training.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 10, 2013, 9:04:08 AM
Could go all SOTS and use major events as scenarios.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 9, 2013, 10:48:26 PM
Well it's just a bunch of stories, but I (think) that it's slowly building up smiley: biggrin but it's not really missions. We're making the characters act realistically, taking any opportunity they can.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 9, 2013, 9:02:47 PM
Wow. A 1000 turn campaign. That would be 100% Boss!

Although, it should be a dynamic campaign system, not a static one. I hate campaigns that proceed mission by mission with time limit etc. I like the campaigns where things are weighted and then the player gets to play like a normal game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 9, 2013, 7:27:57 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
It could be fun to use the major details in ES, but I still feel a little finicky about the specifics.

I would love to see some more official lore before we go into using something as well.....dark as the 1000 year war.

My opinon is nearly them same. Signed.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 9, 2013, 3:38:35 PM
Keeping up with it all was a hassle, not to mention trying to write something that didn't conflict with someone else's stuff while keeping it long and well written is also hard.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 9, 2013, 3:04:40 PM
Well what I'm suggesting barely touches the actual lore of the war. It's just adding locations and a new faction.

However, if Amplitude makes a sequel to ES with a story mode in it....that's another story.

Hey, ign, why don't you psot anything on the thread anymore XD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 9, 2013, 2:55:02 PM
We're not secretly evil trying to wipe out the human race *nervous chuckle* what are you talking about?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment