Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Addition to military concept/tactic

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 8, 2013, 3:18:51 AM
1. Make more fleets orbiting the same system count in fleet versus fleet combat/battle. The can have a support role. This should apply for the attacker and for the defender also. It could quicken the engagment between numerous fleets in one system. The support fleets power should be just minor or it can get abusive. It would recquire very complex calculation to be viable - i have strong doubts it can be realized - sure its a big chalange.

A Support fleets should have greatly reduced MP in a fleet versus fleet encounter.

B Support fleets could serve as an option for a backup in mid or short range battle phase.

C It will somewhat diminish the Command point cap - maybe you can develop a support command point cap or some multiplier of current command cap for support purpose.

PS: I can see how many players wont like this idea and it would mean a lot of work for devs; there is a beauty in simplicity smiley: smile

2. Some minor tweak. When you have a strong fleet blockading a system and for some reason you want to store there some weak ships like scouts - there is no working button for it (the sentry button - clock icon, works like blockade, because when enemy fleet gets to this system it will attack the scout, like it was the weakest fleet blockading the system) - its more viable to let the scout idle there, but then the idle button will appear every round.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 8, 2013, 4:03:32 AM
1. What?

A) What would they do..?

B) how would back up work?

c) For what?

With the AI who have ridiculous amounts of fleets, this would be completely broken as you would quickly get out MP'd

2. Store ships..?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 8, 2013, 4:06:54 AM
regarding point 2, the fact is that scout IS idle and that's what that idle indicator is there for. by late game, I have several scouts idling around, but at least I know the number. Another thing you can do is just have the scout join a larger fleet since it provides enhanced vision.

with point 1, I don't think the system is horribly broken, though I do agree that handling each defending fleet independently isn't ideal. if I had 2 fleets, one massively overpowered one and a weaker one, and if I were attached by an enemy fleet that was between my two fleets in MP, my weaker fleet would get pounded while the stronger fleet wouldn't even notice. it's not particularly realistic.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 8, 2013, 4:13:15 AM
2. Why don't you add the scout to the fleet then? And why do you have so many scouts smiley: stickouttongue

1. Why don't you just change ships in your fleets around to balance it, and why do you have a weaker fleet? Obsolete ship designs?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 8, 2013, 5:43:07 AM
The purpose of the scouts in later stages of the game is to get the info about enemy fleets by attacking them with the scout smiley: smile - maybe some kind of scanner ¨support module could be designed to make scouts obsolete.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 8, 2013, 5:57:30 AM
Another thing that came to my mind is the blockading system. (lets make it an extreme example) I never test it, but can 100 scout ships with no real MP effectively blockade a system ? You will need at least 100 ships to break that blockade in one turn. Shouldnt be the effectivness of a blockade determined by combined MP of the fleets blockading it ? You can have 100 separate scouts blockading and one really strong fleet, which is not blockading pick up the attacker one by one. Still it would be a heavy micromanagment smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 8, 2013, 10:48:25 PM
Why would it be heavy micromanagement? But' that's pretty useless. You'll do better to blockade with an invasion fleet lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 8:29:08 PM
Meridian wrote:
Another thing that came to my mind is the blockading system. (lets make it an extreme example) I never test it, but can 100 scout ships with no real MP effectively blockade a system ? You will need at least 100 ships to break that blockade in one turn. Shouldnt be the effectivness of a blockade determined by combined MP of the fleets blockading it ? You can have 100 separate scouts blockading and one really strong fleet, which is not blockading pick up the attacker one by one. Still it would be a heavy micromanagment smiley: smile

A lot of scout ships can make an effective blockade... and can blockade quite a few systems too... it can stretch the defences of the AI and take fleets away from real defence. You will need to constantly replace lost ones though...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 8:32:41 PM
The_Quasar wrote:
A lot of scout ships can make an effective blockade... and can blockade quite a few systems too... it can stretch the defences of the AI and take fleets away from real defence. You will need to constantly replace lost ones though...

Unless your "Scout" Is a lone BattleShip loaded down with defense modules ready to retreat. That is actually a very effective late-game tactic. (Or a Cruiser with a thousands of HP)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 6:02:39 AM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Unless your "Scout" Is a lone BattleShip loaded down with defense modules ready to retreat. That is actually a very effective late-game tactic. (Or a Cruiser with a thousands of HP)

Just take into consideration how many empty scouts you can produce in one turn than loaded BS or CR - the effectivness is in blockading in quantity and easily replacing the lost ones - in my opinion far more effective than loaded BS and CR

Defending this way a system with very good industry output - i think its an exploit.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 6:12:59 AM
Maybe some star system improvements that will help the defending orbiting fleet or even constantly damage the invasion fleet during invasion
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 15, 2013, 7:23:22 PM
Meridian wrote:
Just take into consideration how many empty scouts you can produce in one turn than loaded BS or CR - the effectivness is in blockading in quantity and easily replacing the lost ones - in my opinion far more effective than loaded BS and CR

Defending this way a system with very good industry output - i think its an exploit.

That depends on if your fleet has a spot to retreat to or not.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment