Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Fighting fire with fire: we need more heroes to negate heroes' imbalance

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 3:16:54 AM
I personally feel like hero passive bonuses really need to be scaled back, and have more active bonuses in place of this.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 7:51:49 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
I personally feel like hero passive bonuses really need to be scaled back, and have more active bonuses in place of this.

agree

but councils (in which form however) would still be a cool thing.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 8:07:13 AM
As long as they are player formed rather then the GalCiv thing of (They always exist!) because I have always hated that, the UN wasn't built over night, and there is nothing to stop a second cancelled being formed by another.

So what would such a counsel do?

Would it be political? Administrative? a intelligence agency?

Could see it as a centre for your empires heroes to be assigned positions of power within your empire, like having them be ministers of the economy, war or technology?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 10:19:59 AM
One problem i'd have with heroes being used in a galactic council is that heroes are defacto hired guns, mercenary generals, exiled governors or mad scientists. Aka skilled experts you hire to do your stuff. A Galactic council or Alliance council or whatsoever is an assembly of representatives. This may sound specicist but I'd think it'd be unlikely that such representatives are not from the race in question. Even among humans I'd find it strange if The horatio are represented by a bunh of Imperials and Pilgrims, not to speak of that craver sitting in the corner.

So While I actually think the idea of a council could be interesting I would not mix it up with heroes.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 10:35:13 AM
Well you wouldn't make them your personal body guard, but as long as they get paid mercenary's are generally as loyal as another.

Don't put them in the trenches, and they should be fine.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 10:59:05 AM
Oh that's not what I meant. In general non native bodygaurds are not that bad an idea at all:

Ancient rome: Emperors and generals often had Germanic bodyguards as these were less likely to join a rebellion, not because they were germanic but because they were not romans and thus were not on best terms with the populance. In essence if they killed the emperor/General, they just sawd off the plank they were sitting on.

Scifi: being tough is not the only reason various Dingitaries sport an alien bodyguard.

However in a council we have representatives and frankly I don't see how a craver is supposed to represent the United Empire, I just don't see that.

Also you don't put Admirals, Ace pilots, Governors and entrepeneurs on some pangalactic council, you send diplomats and Politicians, maybe nobles.

It's not about their loyality it's about how well they represent your empire and how good they are at council work.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 2:23:22 PM
The political side of a council, I agree.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 3:21:04 PM
Craver sitting in the corner "Hmmm, who should I eat first..."

I do like the idea of ministers for your empire that has an overall boost and an overall xp gain from victories and improvement building. And the ministers get a special tree that effects empire wide.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 4:08:17 PM
what other sort of council?

An Admirals club for all admirals of the Galaxy? what good would that do? The only result I see is prices for tobacco and whiskey going up.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 4:29:52 PM
Well I think the idea is that you put them into the war room, and they collectivity manage all of the nitty gritty background details leading to less upkeep, faster fleet movement and better repair rates.

Not to mention allowing the adventurer hero to despatch spys through your fleets to hack enemy communications, and pilfer enemy stockpiles during a invasion.

So kind of a strategic level boost to overall armada efficiency.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 4:36:58 PM
That does not sound very "galactic-council" like, sure in an "alliance council" this might be usefull but generally that sounds more like an faction internal thing.
and they collectivity manage all of the nitty gritty background details
that's what they make you believe in reality they just smoke, drink and crack rude jokes* smiley: biggrin

*about you, Sexes not present and Aliens.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 5, 2013, 4:38:18 PM
As long as I get the results, I'll even pay for it.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment