Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Change card system

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 22, 2013, 4:27:11 PM
Hello,

After some games I must say that I find it a bit too powerful when your cards get countered (or you counter them).

So would it perhaps be an option to disable the counter thing? That means you just play your cards and get the effect, without special counters that will mostly decide the complete battle. Maybe you could rebalance them in that case.

Or perhaps make it optional for a game that cards can counter or just give their bonuses?

Its just an idea and I hope the devs will at least think about it smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 24, 2013, 12:54:37 AM
Well what's the point in a card game when you can't beat the enemy at it!

SO While I kinda disagree with the idea, the ability to have more safe bet cards for a soft benifit would be kinda cool.

Otherwise, generally I just play the sabotage cards, as they are usually only countered by the engineering cards, so worst case scenario on loosing the card duel is that no one dies.

Best result you counter a enemy defence card and white wash them.

So remember Nimira, when in doubt, just sabotage them!
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 24, 2013, 6:15:36 PM
Yeah that would be a good idea, too. To use some lower bonus cards without counter.

I really don´t like that countering since then you really are scrap in space mostly. A bit.. hard.. for a strategy game.

Thanks for the advice, will think about using sabotage in the future.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 24, 2013, 10:09:51 PM
You might be able to go into the BattleCardDescriptor .xml files and either decrease the values or delete the countering entirely. I am no modder so it may or may not work but good luck smiley: wink.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 26, 2013, 5:43:15 PM
But I would assume it like cheating, when I had to mod for it. I want to play the game in the way, most (or even all) people do it smiley: smile So I can just make suggestions and hope they will perhaps find a solution that fits all people smiley: smile Maybe a choice butten to enable or disable counter effects for example.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 27, 2013, 9:12:43 AM
As a note, I play on 'normal' difficulty.

Personally, the only time I have any trouble in the combat is when the AI outpaces me in tech.

If I am on par for tech with the AI in combat, the design of my ships seem to make my maneuver being countered not a big deal. Now, if all three are countered it can hurt... but it all depends on the ship designs. I mean, I've pulled off a win where both sides had the same number of ships and roughly the same 'battle value' in the fight and all my cards got blocked and my ships came away battered but they were decimated (lost 10% of their fleet). Sounds good, doesn't it? Okay, they just lost one of ten ships... but the rest of their fleet was as beat up as mine.

There is a lot to consider.

My ships don't have bullets but have missiles galore? The offense that bolsters bullets may not be a good choice... unless I suspect it will counter their card and doing so will be more benefit then any other card I play. Maybe I want to play the card that would be countered by the card I suspect they will play, so I'm using a card that is near useless to me, just to counter their card.

They think I'm going to play defense to try and keep my ship alive... they won't be ready for a little tactical 'umph' to take what I can with me instead. (Managed to tie with both sides wiped out once.)

I'm sure if I played real people that I wouldn't stand a chance... PvP is my weak spot in all games. If I multiplay, I co-op it or lose. *insert maniacal laughter here*
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 30, 2013, 2:45:02 AM
^^ Out pacing in tech = Your fleets go right out the window.

Maybe (maybe) there could be a slider bar that controls how much battle cards affect combat. Personally, I wish they would have a bigger influence on combat, as long as the AI was actually able to use the card system...
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 2:13:53 PM
Well I just hope there will be some kind of options to regulate the card counter effect ^^
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 6, 2013, 7:20:23 AM
Hi.

I have couple of games behind me and I am kind confuse. I don't really see much difference even when some cards are countered. From what I have seen in my battles it's all about fleet balancing. When you do it in right way ( to counter what enemy has ) no cards will help them ( or you if you do it wrong ). Even in battles of fleets on the same tech level and balance I hardly find what card I just played, did. Without some mathematics prompt on screen I don't see effect of card I have just played, and what is the difference between counter, or not counter use.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment