Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Infinite improvements should Always stay at the end of queue

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 29, 2013, 11:33:06 PM
When there is an infinite improvement being built at a system and if you add something to the queue it should bump the infinite improvement to the end of queue automatically instead of going after the infinite improvement which is impossible. It's a very small thing but it gets annoying when you have to push the infinite improvement to the end manually like 100 times in a game. Thanks.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 29, 2013, 11:49:14 PM
Id like that.

Id also like the sower improvement of industry to food to turn off automatically when the systems population reaches full, coming up on the construction completed screen.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 4:09:14 AM
Actually, I dislike this - if a construction of yours has been worked on, but you want to "pause" construction, the best way to do so is by using the infinite improvement.

For example:

Say you have a colony ship almost built; this is early game, so it takes 5 turns to build a colony ship, and one turn remains. But suddenly you, say, get hit with a random event and you decide you want to wait for your population to grow. You Can use an infinite improvement to "stall" construction of the colony ship while waiting for population growth.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 7:09:42 AM
Fenrakk101 wrote:
Actually, I dislike this - if a construction of yours has been worked on, but you want to "pause" construction, the best way to do so is by using the infinite improvement.

For example:

Say you have a colony ship almost built; this is early game, so it takes 5 turns to build a colony ship, and one turn remains. But suddenly you, say, get hit with a random event and you decide you want to wait for your population to grow. You Can use an infinite improvement to "stall" construction of the colony ship while waiting for population growth.

I don't even know how what you said applies to what I said. The change I suggested wouldn't hurt the situation you described and the situation I described is probably happens 100 times more frequently than what you described.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 11:15:56 AM
BandC wrote:
When there is an infinite improvement being built at a system and if you add something to the queue it should bump the infinite improvement to the end of queue automatically instead of going after the infinite improvement which is impossible.

This would be a quality of life improvement that would take away a lot of clicks mid through end game. I like it and I could see it working.

Fenrakk101 wrote:

I've done this as well with the Pilgrims Fleet Errant. It doesn't stall system growth (atm) but I like to cram as much population as possible in it. This means stalling it for a turn or two, and during that time I usually Ind-> Sci. If the conversion automatically went behind the Fleet Errant, I couldn't stall its production to time it correctly.

If it where a check box or on/off button, I would fully support it. However if it was automatic and uncontrollable, it may cause problems in advanced play.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 5:09:50 PM
Maybe I didn't explain it very well. The change I am proposing is automatic but it doesn't mean you're stuck with it. In your fleet errant example for example, you click on Fleet Errant, it pushes the infinite ind->sci to the end but then you can manually switch them to make Fleet Errant the last item again right afterwards. The point is the Fleet Errant situation is an edge case while the situation I described happens every game 100 times with every race.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 5:21:49 PM
We've been asking for "move all the way up/down in the queue" buttons since Alpha - still nothing. :3
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment