Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game Improvement Idea

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 9:29:16 AM
I've always found it strange that a fleet around your system would be left to fight while the residents and soldiers of your systems just kicked back and watched. How about adding a little depth to defense by making Planets in a System you are defending have some kind of purpose during space battles?

For example, if your fleet is defending over your system and an invasion fleets comes, your planets could maybe fire a few shots at the invading fleet from planet based weapons or maybe even spare some fighter craft? This could maybe be between Long, Middle and Short range attack stages.

Defending is very neglected in this game, by strapping all kinds of guns to my ships I can win almost any battle.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 2:32:58 PM
didnt know if this was already suggested but that doenst change the fact that the idea is genius and great.

i realy hope this will be added someday to the game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 2:50:57 PM
Some people have suggested this, maybe having space stations firing them as well as a card bonus. But it's true, the best way to implement this IS with cards
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 2:56:30 PM
I never understood why space stations for defense were never added to the game.

They don't need to be complex like Sword of the Stars 1 or 2, just common sense really. You can launch ships into space that travel lightyears in the blink of any via wormholes and string drive, but you can't get a hunk of metal floating in space with some missiles and lasers mounted on it.

I just doesn't make sense. Even if a system needs to be a colony to properly field that kind of defensive power, I think this would work fine in the game.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 8:35:25 PM
Sovereign wrote:
Cards...how boring.

I find them quite exciting! so pfffffththththththtt to you! smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 8:54:46 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
I find them quite exciting! so pfffffththththththtt to you! smiley: stickouttongue

Alright YUGI

0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 8:57:49 PM
sovereign wrote:
alright yugi

dat nostalgia!
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 31, 2013, 10:35:57 PM
That planetary defense thing makes me think of Empire at war the game that got me into space faring strategy and yeah there were indeed some planet based weapons that could fire into orbit. Space stations would also make sense, as its probably far more convenient for space trade than to go land on a planet (which could explain how you get more trade route caps, simply build more stations)... so a fortified space station maybe?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 15, 2013, 11:35:21 AM
Hi, my improvement idea:

* diplomacy:

- The option to add emphasis to messages

- Add an animation with an ambassador for race

* Invasion of the planets:

- View from space with a radio report in real time of the attack (as in MOO 3)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 30, 2013, 8:19:03 PM
Well, on the one hand the ground forces would almost certainly have to wait for the invading ships to come down and fight. It's not like I can take my phaser, strap on a jetpack, and fly up and shoot at a giant ship. But yeah, I'm kinda surprised there isnt some sort of orbital defense platform or weapons of some type that can be outfitted on a planet to defend against invading ships. But then again, maybe the tech just isnt in the game....yet. I have only one question. Where's the black hole generator! smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 1, 2013, 12:05:31 AM
Protonic_Flux wrote:
Well, on the one hand the ground forces would almost certainly have to wait for the invading ships to come down and fight. It's not like I can take my phaser, strap on a jetpack, and fly up and shoot at a giant ship.

Unless.....you're the Craver.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment