Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Tech Levels

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 6, 2013, 8:54:30 PM
What I would like to see eventually implemented into the game are tech levels for endgame research, for those who play with the research victory off. My thoughts are to implement it as a modding option, so that it is not forced upon those that do not want it in their games, while allowing those that do to mod it in. As well as expanding modding capabilities in general. Essentially tech levels would allow specific techs to be researched a certain number of times to provide either percentage improvements to a specific area, or provide improved star system improvements if modders wanted to use it in that way.

So, what does everybody think? Good idea? Bad idea? Discuss.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 10:45:40 AM
I support idea's that deal with adding end-game research options, since Research pretty much becomes useless once you've researched the whole tech tree, and the Sophon Affinity actually stops doing anything in such a case.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 2:38:06 AM
Lord_Proteus wrote:
I support idea's that deal with adding end-game research options, since Research pretty much becomes useless once you've researched the whole tech tree, and the Sophon Affinity actually stops doing anything in such a case.

That is my thinking on the situation as well. Plus conceptually it does not make much sense to me that a civilization's technology would stop advancing, especially given the overall background of Endless Space. Even if a civilization may not be discovering brand new technology, it would still refine what it has.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 4:38:04 AM
Hmm I have similar ideas about 4X games, but then you could say that this is similar to what happened with Galciv2, where... roleplay wise you're making the weapon more cost effective
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 12, 2013, 11:14:00 PM
stasik28 wrote:
Hmm I have similar ideas about 4X games, but then you could say that this is similar to what happened with Galciv2, where... roleplay wise you're making the weapon more cost effective

Any idea that can add to the fluff of this game would be great.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment