Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Strategic Bombers

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 5:28:53 PM
I feel like Bomber or Heavy Bomber Modules needs to be changed to a strategic Bomber group so that it only target Defense Improvements. Even in the real world we try to not target civilian buildings. I would have to think that any race that has the ability to travel the galaxy without running into star systems has the ability to target only defensive structures. Maybe a variable could be added so that a Strategic Bomber targets 3 Defense Improvements to every 1 Civilian Improvement. That could account for the insane governments using civilians as a defense. Maybe Evil alignment factions hide their Military Defense Improvements within the civilian population and thus result in Civilian and Defense Improvements getting destroyed equally. Stuff like that could be fun.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 6:18:17 PM
hmmm, while I agree that it would be most usefull. I have to tell you that this:
Even in the real world we try to not target civilian buildings.
sadly is not quite correct. History has seen several instances of not only "the bad guys" diliberately bombing Civilian structures. It's often the politicians who prefer bombing civilian targets as this (sometimes) breaks the populations will to fight /support for their government. Now considering that this often happened in wars where the opposing sides did not view each other as inferior scum, it is likely to assume that warfare between different species would not stop at bombing Shipyards aswell.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 8:15:25 PM
I'd say the default behavior would be carpet bumbing, sorta like WWII. Then, as technology increases, you could get more choices in bombers, more precise but less effective bombing, with a certain % probability of hitting the wrong target (accident do happens).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 9:48:02 PM
In almost every game I play, I shoot the civilian first.

But that's kinda what you get for being a space locust.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 16, 2013, 2:08:33 AM
What about PR though man? Bombing civilians should trigger political strife IMO. We can't all be bastards, can we? lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 16, 2013, 2:17:51 AM
As a player of the UE and the Cravers......*whip GET BACK TO WORK YOU FILTHY MONGRELS!

My civilians need not know of the actions I take during war....kinda like in real life, if you don't let the news agencies see it, it never actually occurred. Just like for example a lot of the stuff that occurred in vietnam, the government doesn't really want to show its people the reality of war due to political strife.

So people just won't be told.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 16, 2013, 2:24:06 AM
Bad213Boy wrote:
What about PR though man? Bombing civilians should trigger political strife IMO. We can't all be bastards, can we? lol

Well...That's a good question for today, for humans, because we would be concerned about human rights, the way we are treating other humans, etc etc. But would the people really care, if it is some alien race being wiped out? Depending on how the war started, or if it's gone on long enough for propaganda to influence minds and opinions, a civilian population could very well not care one bit about the collateral damage of invasion.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment