Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Diplomacy Screens - Your Next Expansion

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jun 21, 2013, 8:58:18 AM
T41 wrote:
Oh smiley: frown.... Got my hopes up go nothing. But hopefully not it might still be interesting smiley: wink

The AMAS-System is really nice nevertheless.

It helps a lot in adding personality to the AIs.

Especially for the aggressive ones.

Having someone declare war on you really early now actually can happen.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 20, 2013, 8:35:31 PM
This+ a good and innovative Espionage System and Endless Space will be the best 4X Game of all time, even better then the praised Master of Orion series.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 20, 2013, 8:40:46 PM
Oh yes, espionage. That'd be fantastic.

Pipe dream would be all of these, with the addition of animated ground combat. I'll pay for 100 copies?...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 20, 2013, 9:47:07 PM
Who really cares about animated diplomacy after you have see it 5+ times? I usually skip it to get the the real focus ie treaties after the shine is gone.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 20, 2013, 10:52:49 PM
T41 wrote:
This seems like agents, right, so check that off smiley: biggrin.

But it's just a cool sounding synonym for "Diplomacy that considers some other stuff besides attitude."
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 21, 2013, 2:33:23 AM
Ail wrote:
But it's just a cool sounding synonym for "Diplomacy that considers some other stuff besides attitude."

Oh smiley: frown.... Got my hopes up go nothing. But hopefully not it might still be interesting smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 21, 2013, 7:40:06 AM
Ashbery76 wrote:
Who really cares about animated diplomacy after you have see it 5+ times? I usually skip it to get the the real focus ie treaties after the shine is gone.

Unfortunately, you are right. After a few times, such screens get annoying...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 21, 2013, 7:59:46 AM
Diplomacy screen with a small race theme would be the best smiley: cool

At least it doesnt slow down the game its just a screen that adds more taste to the game and nothing more so why the fuz and the negative comments? smiley: confused
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 21, 2013, 8:08:59 AM
Nomas wrote:
Diplomacy screen with a small race theme would be the best smiley: cool

At least it doesnt slow down the game its just a screen that adds more taste to the game and nothing more so why the fuz and the negative comments? smiley: confused

Good point there with the theme smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 20, 2013, 8:30:35 PM
This game lacks immersion when it comes to diplomacy. The rest of the game has become one of the best space-based 4x games of our generation, but it really needs some love in the diplomacy department.

I want my first encounter with alien species to be a big affair. Not just some 2 second blip on the events bar.

I want the alien races I encounter to hail me on their ship, a la Stardrive or Master of Orion, with flavor text and beautiful artwork in the background (your hero portraits make it very obvious that someone there has the talent to make this a beautiful reality). Again, reference MOO and Stardrive when you speak to other races.

Give me more options for relations. Let me tell another race that I will hunt them down if they don't give me money/research/anything.

I'm super excited for Disharmony, but you need better diplomacy before this game can become a true legend. Please give it to us.

WOULDN'T A DIPLOMACY SCREEN LIKE THIS ADD SOME REAL FLAVOR TO ES?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 21, 2013, 9:04:01 AM
The thing with these diplomacy screens is I just wouldn't care about them unless you could customise them for your own race in multiplayer games. If you could create your own custom screen with your own text and message then that would be excellent!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 21, 2013, 9:42:09 AM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
The thing with these diplomacy screens is I just wouldn't care about them unless you could customise them for your own race in multiplayer games. If you could create your own custom screen with your own text and message then that would be excellent!

"Make-Your-Own-Diplomacy-Screen-Kit-Mod" or somthing like this lol

Pretty cool if this would be able to do someday. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 21, 2013, 3:41:33 PM
well its the Art of illusion

in Stardrive you realy get the illusion that you are talking with that race/raceleader just like in the Civ Series.

for persons with fantasy this is a important thing.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 22, 2013, 3:15:34 PM
It got to the point in Civ' V that I'm usually cursing the leader (I'm lookin' at you, GHANDI!), not the people... and I love that. Even if it would eventually be something we'd gloss over, it would still add a ton of personality to the game.

Not to mention the idea of having an audience with Horatio or Maximilian Zelevas seems awesome to me.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 22, 2013, 10:20:35 PM
Civ 5 has great immersion with characters... and great character to it as well due to its amazing diplomacy screens.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 22, 2013, 10:26:32 PM
I suppose you could get a screen of a races diplomatic meeting, like a UE boardroom overlooking an industrial centre, or a Pilgrim Meeting place on-board a city ship.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 23, 2013, 6:35:50 AM
I present some screenshots from a 20 year old 4-x game that did pretty well in using art for immersion:

Colonizing a new planet:

Getting tech from a colonization event:

Colonizing a different planet-type looks different:

Talking to another race in diplomacy (the Silicoids, kinda like the Harmony):

And another race (the Bulrathi, there's no real pendant for them in ES):

One more, the Humans (like the Pilgrims):

This is a victory-condition: Who gets voted for in the galactic-council wins. If you don't get voted and do not accept the voting you go at war against all of them at once. Very fun feature!

Events or general things of interest came in the form of a GNN-News Report:

The Psilons (like the Sophon):

Ground invasion: You have to send actual population to kill another planets population, you can bomb them before to soften them up but this also damages the infrastructure, so you have to carfully consider how much you bomb

splitting the post in 2 because of 10-images-limit...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 23, 2013, 6:39:26 AM
The rest:

More GNN-News:

Tech-Trading: After accepting a deal, their Scientists explain you what you got:

Successfull Spies:

Tech gained by conquering an opponents planet, note how different the tropper looks from a spy:

And tech gained by research, once again the guy presenting the tech looks completely different:

Diplomacy with Alkari (pendant to the Hissho):

So it really is just using images here and there but this really created a kind of immersion that a lot of modern games are lacking.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment