Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

i want a Victory with Friends

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 12:55:39 AM
Ganjhitsu wrote:
Count your blessings I still haven't won a match yet with or with out my alliance.

Try an easier AI setting, or use a custom faction.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 28, 2013, 10:22:22 PM
Count me in. I hate having to turn on my allies to capture their capitol cities or backstabbing them. The Hissho saved me this game by joining my alliance and giving me 50+ turns to get my empire in order, but it appears to me that I might have to turn on them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 29, 2013, 1:46:36 PM
Yes, but only on the condition that it is completely new victory type, like: control 100% of the known galaxy between you and your allies. (of course, the number of empires that could participate would be limited.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 29, 2013, 4:51:38 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
Yes, but only on the condition that it is completely new victory type, like: control 100% of the known galaxy between you and your allies. (of course, the number of empires that could participate would be limited.)

Good idea! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 29, 2013, 7:52:26 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
And this alliance had to have been in place for 100 turns or some such number.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 30, 2013, 12:34:48 PM
Nasarog wrote:
And this alliance had to have been in place for 100 turns or some such number.

A little excessive perhaps, some games don't last that long! 50 would be better, I think.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 30, 2013, 1:59:12 PM
The_Quasar wrote:
A little excessive perhaps, some games don't last that long! 50 would be better, I think.

I agree that I threw out an arbitrary number, but I do not think it's excessive. My games usually last around 200-300 turns. I play the largest galaxy with the max opponents. I actually want 2x the galaxy with 2x the opponents, but that's just me.

But you are right, not everyone plays like me, so if they gave us options like 50/75/100 turns for alliance victory, it would be just fine with that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 30, 2013, 6:27:30 PM
Count your blessings I still haven't won a match yet with or with out my alliance.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 28, 2013, 5:05:32 PM
This wonderful game has one problem

Only one Player can win, but i think if i have a Alliance "why can't win every member of it"?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 1:45:08 AM
Would it be far fetched for a Diplomatic victory to be shared between the person who achieved it and his shared party?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 10:16:24 AM
this is just one of the many small bits and pieces which I am very keen to see implemented... one day, my friends, one day... lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 12:51:41 PM
n18991c wrote:
this is just one of the many small bits and pieces which I am very keen to see implemented... one day, my friends, one day... lol

Indeed, indeed, small improvements make the joy smiley: biggrin

And to pick up that "One Day" :

".. one day - we will be old, we will be old - think about the stories we could have told.." (One Day / Reckoning Song Remix by Wankelmut)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 6:41:23 PM
I have similar thoughts about the Diplomatic victory.

The notion of one faction winning and the others losing sort of goes against the nature of a diplomatic victory. (Particularly with those very destructiony "you lose" images.)

I feel that in the event of a diplomatic victory, the two best allies of the victor should be awarded a sort of "half victory" if at all possible.... or at least instead of the normal "you were defeated" message, they should get a "the other guy won, but you were his friend!" message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 6:44:59 PM
Troodon wrote:
I have similar thoughts about the Diplomatic victory.

The notion of one faction winning and the others losing sort of goes against the nature of a diplomatic victory. (Particularly with those very destructiony "you lose" images.)

I feel that in the event of a diplomatic victory, the two best allies of the victor should be awarded a sort of "half victory" if at all possible.... or at least instead of the normal "you were defeated" message, they should get a "the other guy one, but you were his friend!" message

Mhm, another good idea smiley: biggrin

Why don't you go and suggest it? smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 7:10:26 PM
Troodon wrote:
I have similar thoughts about the Diplomatic victory. The notion of one faction winning and the others losing sort of goes against the nature of a diplomatic victory. (Particularly with those very destructiony "you lose" images.) I feel that in the event of a diplomatic victory, the two best allies of the victor should be awarded a sort of "half victory" if at all possible.... or at least instead of the normal "you were defeated" message, they should get a "the other guy won, but you were his friend!" message

Although somehow it feels like second place is the first loser. Should be an equal win but with particular credit going to the main achiever like you suggested (is that even possible, I thought there was no "we" in "Team"! lol)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 9:09:54 PM
n18991c wrote:
Although somehow it feels like second place is the first loser. Should be an equal win but with particular credit going to the main achiever like you suggested (is that even possible, I thought there was no "we" in "Team"! lol)

in most cases there is at least one who could be considered as looser...

Equal wins seems to be.. fair?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment