Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sower hull bonuses =/= visuals

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 20, 2013, 9:28:03 AM
Hello fellow forumers,

I've been playing some sowers with the new patch and this does actually bother me a bit: The corevette/Cruiser gets a Armour bonus while the Destroyer/battleship get a Repair bonus. but think of it: former have enrormous arms that look like they could actually do reapairs, while the latter are just hunks of metal. I know Repair is based on adaptive glues and so on but would it not make sence to give the repair bonuses to the ships that actually look like their capapble of the task and the HP bonuses to the robust looking things?

Just a thought.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 21, 2013, 4:25:30 AM
Hahaha, well said.

I find that Sower ships don't really look congruous, like they're not even from the same faction. Especially the anvil and battleaxe, they look like they're from completely different ship styles and just happen to have the same color scheme. (Anvil looks way cooler imo) And the bomber, looks like one of those boxy vans with fins attached.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 21, 2013, 10:01:40 AM
Well the later sower ships are more like coherent warships, compared to the small ships that a more like space worthy terraforming bodys.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 22, 2013, 8:39:52 AM
I think only the Battleship is really out of place, the destroyer does have those finny little legs. The rest is VERY consistent if you ask me.

But it(the battleship), which is soooo bland having a reapair bonus while those buglike flying spacedocks get a(oh so much more usefull) HP bonus. I would not complain if they'd all be as streamlined as the battleship or as wonky as Corvette and Cruiser(and Dred, but that does not count)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment