logo amplifiers simplified

Tactical maneuvering

Yes, it is required.
No, this is not necessary.
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 7:18:01 PM
Now in the game during the battle fleets consistently closer to each other during the three phases.

But, It would be great if possible to adjust the desired distance between the fleets in each phase of the fight due to movement commands.

Let us assume that these commands will be three: to move closer to the enemy, hold the current distance and move away. The result of the maneuver will depend on the tactical speed of the fleet.

My idea is as follows. Navy armed long-range weapons will always try to maintain the greatest possible distance from the enemy ships. Navy armed melee range, on the contrary will try to get close to the enemy at the lowest possible distance. And someone wants to hit and run. And the other wants his fleet had a fight on the middle distance. Different concepts of combat, different tactics.

Navy tactical speed should depend on the engines installed on ships and will influence the outcome of the maneuver. For example, if one seeks to move the fleet to the maximum possible distance, and the other is trying to get close on the contrary, the final distance to the next phase of the battle will depend on the tactical speed of both fleets. Faster fleet will always be able to fight always on the distance at which the player wants. At the same time it increases the value of the engines and small maneuverable ships.

There may be other variations of tactical maneuvering. Such as setting the required desired distance fight. Or tactical maneuvering techniques: flanker, encircling maneuver, diversion, frontal assault. But the tactical maneuvering (no matter in what form it will be implemented) - now that's something not enough this game.

Sorry for my bad english.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 3, 2013, 10:27:44 AM
The suggestion would surely meet the current choice of the 3-range-type weapons. However, to make truly sense, the "wrong-distance-penalties" (accuracy) need to be more painful. Currently you just use all weapons for long-distance and before combat phase 3 the enemy is history. And even the the short range weapons hit at the long distance, which is really screwed.

With the devs trying to avoid a plain moo2 copy makes it somehow harder to create a really tactical combat imho.

PS: no need for excuse your English, it's quite well understandable. ;-)

PS2: I did not vote, because still unsure about the topic.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 22, 2013, 6:57:11 PM
wallenstein wrote:
The suggestion would surely meet the current choice of the 3-range-type weapons. However, to make truly sense, the "wrong-distance-penalties" (accuracy) need to be more painful. Currently you just use all weapons for long-distance and before combat phase 3 the enemy is history. And even the the short range weapons hit at the long distance, which is really screwed.

With the devs trying to avoid a plain moo2 copy makes it somehow harder to create a really tactical combat imho.

PS: no need for excuse your English, it's quite well understandable. ;-)

PS2: I did not vote, because still unsure about the topic.

Thank you.

I think that motion control should be simple commands or cards, or before the start of the battle the player has to set a desired distance from the enemy fleet.

I wish that would result from the battle went something like this:

0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 24, 2013, 4:18:53 PM
I don't know about this one, large ships are already underpowered and this seems like this would further decrease their usefulness. It's a good idea, I would just want to see the ships better balanced before the mechanics are changed.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment