Hero Creation Competition - the Sophons

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 3:35:55 PM
Faction: Sophon

Hero Name: Afsheen El-Mofti

Hero Biography:

The Sophon are not known for their lawyers. Their natural inclination to pursue truth and progress with their fellows means that most disputes are solved by joint mediation. Which means that when Afsheen is called in, things are as bad as they can be. Her skill in the application of some of the most complicated legal principles in the galaxy merits special commendation. Working with staff, she is known as a skilled administrator.

Hero Image: Well-dressed older female Sophon at large desk, empty except for the stacks of documents she is reading.

Hero Classes:

Corporate

Administrator

Hero Stats :

Labor - 6

Wit - 9

Melee - 0

Offense - 0

Defense - 0
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 5:44:22 PM

Hero Name: Dionaea Fellash

Hero Biography: As a child, on one of her parents' more questionable vacation destinations, Dionaea had an experience that would change her life forever: she was swallowed by one of the indigenous carnivorous plants. She was missing for a total of thirteen hours before her parents finally noticed, which, in their defense, meant that they still had at least another six hours before any permanent damage occurred. Ever since then Dionaea has been completely obsessed with the genetic engineering of plants and its every possible application.

Hero Image: My inspiration, the Little Shop of Horrors http://www.alicia-logic.com/capsimages01/ls2_038RickMoranis.jpg

Hero Classes:Adventurer/Administrator

Hero Stats:

Labor - 6

Wit - 6

Melee - 3

Offense - 0

Defense - 0

As a side note, if heroes ever gain extraordinary benefits beyond what are listed, it would be interesting if a planet(s) within the system under her control might randomly be afflicted with the "Hostile Fauna" subtype. I guess any other type of Fauna change could work, but hostile just seems fun/fitting/balanced--might give her a stat increase or decrease depending on how that worked out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 7:28:05 PM
Name: Kaza Alvia'a

Biography: Obsessed with the science and challenge of numbers and co-ordinating projects, Kaza spent many years learning from regional governors and corporate syndicates on the finer subjects of economy and politics. Highly commended for his ability to complete projects quickly and efficiently with minimal issues, Kaza has been commended for taking the most pitiful system and turning it into a beacon of wealth and industry.

Class - Administrator/Corporate

Hero image: A sophon standing with his arms crossed and one of his arms up to his face in a thoughtful manner, eyes looking a little right of the player giving, giving a sense he's looking toward the future. Dark Purple background would look nice I believe.

Labor - 6

Wit - 7

Melee - 0

Off. - 0

Def. - 0
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 8:25:48 PM
Name: Rashma Valvavani'a

Biography: All her Life she tried to meet the requirements of her father. After she made the desicion to leave home, she found herself on the street, where she lived for many years. Seeming like a miracle, one day a complete stranger found her on the street and offered her a Job, Rashma agreed and since then she worked for that stranger in a Science Lab somewhere in deep Space.

Class: Corporate/Administrator

Hero image: A Sophon sitting on a chair and next to her is a table with "Science stuff" on it.

Labor - 3

Wit - 8

Melee - 3

Offense - 2

Defense - 2
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 10:34:53 PM
Name: Xavitor Ottators, formely Kaztartja Cior'anart

His parents killed when he was young by Cravers and taken in and trained by the United Empire, Xavitor dedicated his life to warfare, unlike the rest of his species. The United Empire, who could not pronounce his native Sophon name gave him a more human pronounceable name, which Kaztartja accepted. He proved a very capable warrior and strategic genius at a young age. He is also a fine organizer, and if needed, can organize a capable fighting force against any attacking force in a matter of short time.

Class: Administrator/Commander

Hero Image: A close in picture of a Sophon's head, tilting to the right, while watching directly at the player. (who would then be on the left of the Sophon)

Labor - 3

Wit - 3

Melee - 4

Offence - 4

Defence - 4
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 2:33:01 AM
Name: Hesjaiya Dolicia Venjheraen

Biography: Hesjaiya Dolicia Venjheraen is a sociopath by any measure the Sophon might reasonably have. A veritable genius, Hesjaiya turned his vast intellect and almost complete lack of scruples onto something he felt worthy of his efforts; becoming a cutthroat businessman. When results count for more than anything, Hesjaiya is someone who can be counted on to deliver, no matter what.

Hero Image: A Sophon sitting in a chair behind a desk, fingers steepled in front of his face, with holo-projections of graphs, charts and reports to his sides, staring forward straight at the viewer

Hero Class: Corporate/Administrator

Labor: 6

Wit: 7

Melee: 1

Offense: 2

Defense: 2
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 4:18:45 AM

Hero Name: Idaalie Laharaat

Hero Biography:

Idaalie was a very bright, yet very shy child in the beginning. When his parents put him through the Sophon equivalent of college, he demonstrated ironic prowess in an ability: public speaking. His profound abilities coupled with his immense capabilities for management and administration made him a grade A bureaucrat AND a man of the people, making him a great choice for managing a populace.

Hero Image: A Sophon with one arm crossed across his chest, and the second arm supporting off of that and holding his chin. His head is tilted inquisitively to the side, and his armor bears a pattern of Blue and Yellow stripes running along the side of his armor from head to toe. His headgear would have small appendages extruding from the rear of the head, facing to the rear. The lenses for the helmet would be slightly oval, but more circular..

Hero Classes :

Corporate

Administrator

Hero Stats (each measured 0-9; max of 18 total):

Labor -9

Wit - 8

Melee - 1

Offense - 0

Defense - 0
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 4:32:39 AM
Name: Bhazzall Adr Amir Shoon

Biography: Bhazzall was like any other Sophon; curious and delighting in the beauty of progress and philosophy. After surviving a assault by the Hissho on his colony, he realized that the other races of the galaxy didn't share his views. Choosing to learn the ways of war, he has dedicated himself to protecting his people at any cost, even if most find his methods distasteful. But for there to be beauty, there must be ugliness.

Image Idea: A Sophon standing on the bridge calmly. Other Sophon are manning stations around him. The bridge is showing clear signs of battle damage. Basically the idea is to show him as willing to do what need to be done to protect his people. I harken back to the idea of the brave commanders from the age of sail standing on their deck as their ship takes fire.

Class: Administrator/Commander

Labor - 2

Wit - 0

Offense - 5

Defense - 5

Melee - 1
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 5:28:52 AM
Name: Gheobra'del Phellouchius

Biography: Any perceptive individual would notice this unusually quiet Sophon and a small device around his neck. After surviving a childhood shuttle crash, Gheobra'del has relied on technology to communicate for him. Although many Sophons would express pity at his misfortune, Gheobra'del has proven himself a capable [pilot] and later [commander]. He doesn't ask questions. He finds solutions.

Image: A scarred Sophon with a small device around his neck, standing at the helm.

Class – Pilot/Commander

Labor - 0

Wit - 4

Melee - 2

Off. - 4

Def. – 8
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 12:15:09 PM

Hero Name: Khazarai Marduza

Hero Biography:

The son of a Sophon industrialist, Kharzarai was born with a congenital disease that saw him never have use of his lower body. Whilst his father doted upon him, he was ostracised from his peers through his inability to keep up physically.

When his parents died in a freak explosion at a factory, he inherited the company and swiftly crushed a boardroom coup before leading the company to new heights through coldly calculated internal innovation and hostile takeovers of rivals.

Hero Image: A diminutive Sophon figure with a piercing gaze, in a kind of hover chair or mechanised mobility suit outside the entrance to his inherited industrial facilities.

Class - Corporate/Administrator

Labor - 7

Wit - 5

Melee - 0

Offense - 0

Defense - 3
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 1:56:06 PM

Hero Name: Hazmunikay Kulab

Hero Biography:

Hazmunikays father teached him about the defensive tactics in war even though he wasn't interested, Hazmunikay was infact more interested in science and spent much time with his uncle that was a scientist, he learnt much about science thanks to his uncle.

Hazmunikay Kulab then became a commander and scientist of the Sophon.

Hazmunikay has a military mission to defend Sophon from any possible threat.

He is told to bring back samples of anything that can be of interest for the faction as well as defending the borders of the factions teritory.

Hero Image: A sophon which got a scientist table on his right side and a shield or something that shows his defensive tactical knowing on his left.

Hero Classes:

Commander

Adventurer

Hero Stats :

Labor - 0

Wit - 7

Melee - 3

Offense - 3

Defense - 5
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 12:08:16 AM
How long (GMT+1) can I submit my entry today (09.05.)? It's almost ready except for the picture...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 5:21:07 AM

Hero Name: Mukhtar Mukh Taralan

Hero Biography: The Sophon are a weak, pitiful people, who cannot survive in a harsh galaxy. So believes Mukhtir Mukh Taralan. Theories must be tested, so Mukhtir took to the stars, offering her services to the strongest and most ambitious. Whether drilling Hissho troops in Sophon tactics or advising the Horatio on trade negotiations, Mukhtir will either strengthen the Sophon through opposition or destroy them.

Hero Image: Badass Sophon lady with scars and a determined look.

Hero Classes: Corporate and Commander

Hero Stats:

Labor - 0

Wit - 3

Melee - 4

Offense - 3

Defense - 2
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 7:02:05 AM
If I were you I would have put it up and edited in the pic if you finish it before they close this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 7:48:01 AM
Name: Sharansha Abnhija Sherinshukran

Biography: A maniac. Specialized in military applications research, he discovered a cache of dust during a weapon test on a moon. Dust changed his outlook of life, bringing to the fore strategic talents. He now sees himself as a scientist turned soldier, and places the security of the race above everything else. His fanaticism disturbs his fellow Sophons as it puts their well known and loved rationality as a close second.

Appearance: The emaciated look of the fanatic. If the sophons had a Torquemada, he would look like Sharansha.

Class – Administrator / Commander

Labor - 0

Wit - 6

Melee - 0

Off. - 6

Def. - 6
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 11:39:12 AM
Ren_Shredder wrote:
How long (GMT+1) can I submit my entry today (09.05.)? It's almost ready except for the picture...

Well, I have to choose the winners already. If you can submit yours, even without the picture, please do so before 3 pm (GMT +1). smiley: smile

I'll start reviewing the submissions and we'll have to make our decision!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 11:58:47 AM
Steph'nie wrote:
Well, I have to choose the winners already. If you can submit yours, even without the picture, please do so before 3 pm (GMT +1). smiley: smile

I'll start reviewing the submissions and we'll have to make our decision!

So when are they chosen? Can't wait to see all the good ones smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 1:39:04 PM
Oh no! It's 3:30 pm! i just got home! Well, here's my entry anyways, maybe I'm lucky (pic follows in a few minutes):

Name: AÎatie daūman Sameŷ-Hannya*

Biography: Inspired by the Sophon-typical insatiable curiosity and the Sophon-untypical thirst for adventure she inherited from her decorated military father and xenobiologist mother, AÎatie spent her youth roaming through the galaxy gathering sublime knowledge of its peoples’ cultures. Later she followed in her father’s footsteps to become a high-level commander, using her wisdom in diplomacy as well as in battle with preeminent efficiency.

(The text has 434 characters, but I couldn’t shorten it more without rephrasing. If it is chosen and it’s too much over the 400-character limit, please shorten it or tell me and I will try again smiley: wink )

Class - Adventurer/Commander

Labour - 0

Wit - 0

Melee - 7

Off. - 7

Def. – 4

* AÎatie – Arabic for a female “the”;

daūman – Arabic for “always/ever”;

Sameŷ – Arabic for “sublime(ly)”;

Hannya – Japanese for “wisdom”, here meant as “wise”.

Please feel free to change the name and stats if they’re inconvenient or just plain wrong smiley: wink

Okay, here it is. The original size of the picture is 14028 x 10200 pixel. I know I’m too late, but if my hero is chosen nevertheless or if you want to use the image for anything else and need it larger please contact me and I will send you the full-sized pic! After begging my girlfriend to draw this for the competition I just wanted to submit it, even if it’s too late =)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 2:22:46 PM
Competition is over - we will have to make our decision now.

Thanks and congrats to everyone who submitted their Sophon hero. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 10:41:18 AM
Congrats to everyone!

The submissions that made it to the G2G vote are from: Phlox, Eiensakura, Tssha, Durandal4532, Gordon, and Wafflashizzles.

We'll know the G2G result next week. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 3:18:38 AM

Hero Name: Il'ya Sarthilis

Hero Biography: Il'ya is an anomaly amongst her fellow Sophon cousins, whilst her scientifically inclined brethren strive for scientific and technological betterment, Il'ya was far more interested in studying the ways of war, from the ancient Terran text of Sun Tzu, to the Doctrines of Hissho. Her natural Sophon thirst for knowledge led her far and wide in her adventures, whilst learning the martial ways of other races.

Hero Image: A Sophon in martial robes reading a book of war.

Hero Classes:

Commander

Adventurer

Labor - 0

Wit - 4

Melee - 2

Offense - 6

Defense - 6
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 26, 2012, 3:28:52 PM
Name: Hamilcar Ubaidha Asturias

Biography:

Great strategist, he disects foes combat tactics and technologies in order to theorize the best ways to deal with them. His slow but massive exposure to Dust from enemy wreckages he analyzed has drastically improved his cognitive abilities but also truculence. During his spare time, he likes to play and win thirty simultaneous games of Jadres, a sort of chess. Although respected, his capabilities are sometimes envied by his peers.

Image:

Sit in a command chair with a focus expression, with holographic screens all around him, lighting his bulbous head and face with a blue glow.

Class - Commander/Administrator

Labor - 0

Wit - 3

Melee - 0

Off. - 7

Def. - 5
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 26, 2012, 5:05:15 PM
Biography : Lil'Fil Vifciel

Always the eyes staring at the sky, always the toes staring at the roots. The whole life of Lil'Fil can be summed up by that kind of event : always hope for the best, because he doesn't have any clue how to handle bad vibes. It's not that he's clever or skilled. It's just that he seems to have found a way to enhance luck. It's a joy to work, as long as you're less than fourty meters from him. Luck seems to be contagious these days.

Image : A Sophon looking at the sky, and him escaping different bad events. Like Lil'Fil find a 1000 Dust banknote, and while he's bowing to the floor, some heavily thrown rock miss him.

Class : Administrator/Adventurer

3 Labor

3 Wit

3 Melee

3 Off.

3 Def.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 27, 2012, 7:39:39 PM
Name: Shaheen Saad el Sund*

Biography: Innately curios like most of his kind, Shaheen's affection for experimental weapons proved to be unexpectedly destructive. The last ship he installed new untested warheads on was blown inside-out by an explosion. Shaheen just escaped thanks to his excellent control over Dust, the rest of the crew were not that lucky... With a ratio of destroyed enemy to friendly ships of 6:1, serving alongside him is considered a challenge…

Image: will do one if I have time, if not I imagine him messing around yet again with the plasma weapons smiley: wink

Class – Pilot/Adventurer

Labor - 1

Wit - 3

Melee - 1

Off. - 4

Def. – 4

*Shaheen - name of Persian origin meaning “king, royal”

Saad el Sund - from an Arabic expression meaning “luck of lucks”
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 28, 2012, 5:49:56 AM
Name: Evrhohala Su Sangula

Biography:

While the brightest Sophon scorn administration for more lofty pursuits, Evrhohala choses to manage other Sophon. Unusual incidents may be improbably common under her watch, but she obtains remakable levels of efficiency. To her colleagues, her success is inexplicable. None would guess she's founded Sophon psychology. And every day on the job gives her thousands of Sophon guinea pigs to exparament on.

Labor - 8

Wit - 0

Melee - 6

Off. - 0

Def. - 0
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 29, 2012, 11:34:29 AM
Name: Alima Ghaada Hadiyyah

Biography:War is Alima's art form and every stroke of her brush brings her enemy to ruin, using agressive tactics and cunning manouvers she wins the battle befour it has begun. "my enemy are defeated they just dont know it yet" is her motto.

Alima has created works of art from destruction and her masterpiece is just begining.

Class - Commander/Adventurer

Labour - 0

Wit - 6

Melee - 6

Off. - 3

Def. - 3
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 30, 2012, 7:19:38 AM
Name: Ash'abah ('The Ghost')

Biography: With albinism highly rare among the Sophon, the incessant curiosity of his peers drove him to remote labs to discover a 'cure'.

Illicit Dust experimentation overcame his innate physical weakness and temerity and boosted his capacities well beyond the norm, with only minimal side effects... but no 'cure'.

Driven by inner demons across the galaxy, his Dust enhanced abilities have drawn a following waiting to see, 'what'll he do next!?'

Class - Adventurer/Commander

Labour - 0

Wit - 9

Melee - 3

Off. - 3

Def. - 3
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 4:03:03 AM
Name: Narith Sar'en

Biography: Narith Saren is a gifted scientist who is obsessed with unlocking the secrets of Dust. Forsaking all pretense of morality, Narith has sacrificed thousands in order to further his understanding of the substance. While Sophens prize curiosity and innovation above all else, even they are outraged by Narith's barbarous experiments. An outcast among his own people, Narith is now willing to work for anyone who will provide him with funding...and test subjects.

Hero Image: A Sophen examining test tubes in a red background

Labor - 3

Wit - 7

Melee - 0

Off. - 3

Def. - 1
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 9:39:20 AM
Hero Name:Itri Ponce-Gwasila bin Ayesha

Hero Biography: Created to manage local defense and production in the absence of Sophon garrisons, the machine intelligence known as Itri has a capricious sense of humor it inherited from its creator, the gifted scientist Gulzar bint Saab. Realizing the good it could do was limited by inefficiency, and said inefficiency was caused by inexperience, it has offered its services to those willing to install a proper high-energy server and pay its energy bills, all in the hopes of returning to the Sophon with knowledge enough to impress even its creator.

Hero Image: Several Sophon scientists surrounding a large server 'farm'. The center terminal should incorporate themes of Sophon design; being geometrically pleasing to the eye to look at, while also using space efficiently. Branching off from the central terminal are a series of floodlight-cameras and waldo devices.

Hero Classes: Administrator/Commander Hero Stats (each measured 0-9; max of 18 total): Labor - 2 Wit - 5 Melee - 4 Offense - 0 Defense - 1

-

I saw some crafty Al-Andalusiaphilia so I put some Tamazight in there, although how capably I did so is questionable at best. Have I mentioned I love the flavor of this game? So much? Well, I do. Like the charadesigns so far; if it's administrator-heavy, I think that's suiting to Sophon sensibilities? Rock on, people!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 5:53:02 PM
Well, my contribution:

Hero Name: Jan'har Lashaat

Hero Biography : Not much is known of Jan'har, but since it left the Science Academy to persue unknown goals, there are rumours that the stars in the nearby clusters have become strange, with more vivid colors, could this be the sign of a Sophon Palladin (exceptionally gifted science officer) reborn?

Hero Image: A Sophon standing, arms crossed in a very dark ambient, its eyes staring right back at the player making him/her trying to guess whether it is benevolent or the exact opposite...

Hero Classes :

Corporate

Administrator

Hero Stats :

Labor - 4

Wit - 7

Melee - 1

Offense - 3

Defense - 3
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 7:28:41 PM
Hero Name: Tash'ori Hanaya

Hero Biography: Being both a man of science and war has given Tash'ori a unique insight on how to wage war on a drawing board as well as standing on the command deck of any warship. His duty in protecting the way of the Sophons search for knowledge has indeed safeguarded their worlds and insured that their race is thriving.

Hero Image: A well lit room (ship/lab ) with a Sophon standing next to a holographic display of a star system.

Hero classes:

Commander

Adventurer

Hero Stats:

Labor - 0

Wit - 7

Melee - 3

Offense - 4

Defense - 4
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 25, 2012, 5:10:03 PM
Indeed, ladies and gentlemen: another hero creation competition for Endless Space is now taking place!

As in the previous competition, the goal is to create the best Endless Space Heroes, those champions of strategy and warfare that will help lead your empire to domination of the galaxy (Note: Mwa ha ha ha haaaaa).

The format is the same as in previous competitions where you create your own hero bios, and once again the winner(s) will be included in the game. This time the bios are for our most recently announced faction, the empire of scientific philosophers known as the Sophons.

Guidelines:

1. Read the example below

2. Check out the Sophon faction announcement here: www.amplitude-studios.com.

3. Write up your own proposal with the necessary elements (Hero Name, Hero Biography, Hero Image (if you have one), Hero Classes (Two), Hero Stats [Labor,Wit,Melee,Offense,Defense]).

4. Post it on this thread.

Once we gather enough proposals, the whole team will get together and choose the best ones. This will result in a G2G poll that will choose the winner(s). Depending on the quality and the number of proposals, we also reserve the right (with the creator’s consent) to change and tweak some of them so they fit better with the game background story. The winners will be awarded with a special forum reward/achievement at the end of the competition.

The competition starts right now and will end next Wednesday (May 9th).

The Rules:

1. All posts must be understandable using English as a frame of reference.

2. Watch your language! My mom reads this forum.

3. Only one submission per member, so make it count! You may edit your submission, or if you want to submit a new one, let us know so we can remove the previous one from the contest.

4. You need to fill in the following info per hero biography:

Hero Name:

Hero Biography (max 400 characters* See below)

Hero Image: Any ideas are welcome! You can also tell us what would be your inspirations etc.

Hero Classes (pick 2** See below):

Corporate

Commander

Pilot

Adventurer

Administrator

Labor - bonus for agriculture (Food) and Industry

Wit - bonus for Science and Dust

Melee - bonus in ground warfare offense/defense

Offense - bonus in offense

Defense - bonus in defense

1. The faction

- Scientists and philosophers, Sophons believe in technology, progress, analysis, and long debates about whose theory is more accurate (or more beautiful).

- The Sophons have multi-syllabic names that sound Arabic or Spanish; their love of long-winded discussion and loooong technical words has also shown up in their preference for long names...

2. The format

- *The 400-character limit should include spaces; if it slides over a bit no one is going to call the byte-count police.

- **Every Hero has two classes, and the five Hero Classes all have different trees and abilities. Because of that, there is no point in having Pilot/Pilot, for instance, as you would not get twice the Pilot 'power'. You are free, of course, to only spend points in the Pilot tree if they are Pilot/Administrator and you want them to be a fleet admiral (or vice versa).

Need some inspiration? Here are a couple of bios from the current Sophon heroes created by the dev team:

Name: Lrhanmha Issa Amirmoez

Biography: Famous for her objective analysis of fact and data, she has been known to measure ingredients to the microgram when cooking for pleasure. Her area of specialty is complex systems and n-dimensional equations. Friendly as a general rule, but too precise to be 'warm,' Amirmoez has a temper and has studied enough martial arts to be effective when she loses it.

Labor - 6

Wit - 6

Melee - 3

Off. - 0

Def. - 0

---

Name: Mashab Yani Djebadiah

Biography: Sophons are generally called "smart", but Djebadiah is one of the very rare for whom "…and dangerous" is added on. Defending an Endless site from a hungry Craver attack, she showed striking abilities as both strategist and tactician. Ingesting great quantities of Dust when the Craver weaponry overloaded and ruined much of the site, she has turned into the closest thing the rational Sophons have to a thrillseeker.

Class - Pilot/Adventurer

Labor - 5

Wit - 0

Melee - 1

Off. - 4

Def. - 4
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 3:21:09 AM
Name: putavit, quid iam olim iuxta praedictum visum

Image: low angle, he is on a dias (think future space TED talk/university) speaking to an audience.

Hero class: administrator, pilot

Hero stats:

labour- 0

wit- 4

melee- 4

offence- 0

defence- 8

Biography: In his youth Putavit was orphaned when an engine malfunction killed every adult aboard an experimental colony ship, saved by falling into a shielded container of dust he was alone and stranded in deep space with no hope of rescue. two months later, the colony ship was manually piloted into low orbit above Sophon prime, he was only 8 at the time. In his illustrious career he went on to become an eminent philosopher and natural scientist but never lost his affinity for space travel or the mysteries of space.

(I don't know what the naming scheme is so i chose a long Latin phrase for his name {seemed scientific} it roughly means "thought, what has been, seen long ago, according to the prediction" long, scientific, logical, paradoxical, seemed like a Sophon name.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 7:43:43 AM

Hero Name: Kan al-Rashad

Quote: "Understanding comes from eating an enemy's heart."

Hero Biography*: Kan wasn't like other Sophon from an early age. He got into fights, caused trouble and generally acted like a complete and utter Qiwsaal. His moment of glory came when he joined the Sophonic** Military and put down a particularly bloody insurrection, by leading from the front. After that, he was authorised for Dust integration. Something went terribly wrong during the process, however, and his body and mind became even more twisted, claws sprouting from his hands and spines coming up from under his flesh. Since then, Kan has been known as a Sophon who leads from the front, usually to tear out the hearts of his enemies and devour them whilst the rest flee.

Hero Image: Something red and bloody-looking. Preferably with some claws

Hero Classes: Commander/Adventurer

Hero Stats:

Labor - 0

Wit - 0

Melee - 9

Offense - 4

Defense - 0

Notes: The idea behind this was a Sophon that was at utter odds to the rest of the species, and a Dust-warped monstrosity in his own right. It's also to give the Sophon a very good ground commander.

* This is a bit long. Cut down / change at will, I guess. smiley: biggrin

** No idea how to do the possessive form of Sophon. This can change at will.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 4:08:46 PM
Name: Agamudai Falal Teriayat

Image: Hopefully to come soon, just need to pencil it out first!

Biography: Agamudai was often chastised for his wanderlust among the intelligentsia who made up his peers. A bold researcher who enjoys being on the expedition to return samples to the lab. Agamudai also invented a defensive martial art for his expeditions, to take advantage of terrain and also minimize harm to potential discoveries. He wants to someday compile the universes greatest taxonomic library.

Class – Adventurer/ Administrator

Labor - 3

Wit - 8

Melee - 1

Off. - 0

Def. - 3
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 7:42:24 PM
Name: Aggreha Trox Ysul

Image: An unusually lanky Sophon in surgical garb, laser scalpel in hand, looking down over her current specimen.

Biography: Even Sophon curiosity needs boundaries, but Ysul could never help herself. Consumed by a desire to see what makes every living thing "tick", her... methods... soon earned her a place in the deepest bowels of a Sophon prison. Under the threat of war, it was decided that all forms of genius must be employed for the sake of the Sophon race. Thus Ysul was released to the care of a shadowy megacorporation, and given but one directive: whoever she catches, she keeps.

Class: Corporate/Adventurer

Labor - 0

Wit - 7

Melee - 4

Off. - 3

Def. - 1
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 1:13:04 AM

Name: Basir Hakeem Khalid (bah-ser hak-eem kal-ede)

Image: A Sophon of average height and stern stature, he's often seen with an index finger curiously looming over his "cheek." Unlike other Sophons, the blue energy glowing from his clothing has a slight red tinge (image soon).

Hero Biography: A middle-aged scientist, Basir is one of few Sophons to take research outside of the laboratory. He is known for his ground operations into dangerous territory, as well as the results that follow; though familiar with the practice of leadership, a failed space operation has left Basir in preference of his flying skills being placed under others over commanding an entire fleet.

Class – Adventurer/Pilot

Labor - 0

Wit - 8

Melee - 3

Offense - 3

Defense - 3
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 4:33:08 AM
Name: Jack

Biography: Never one to excell in one area, Jack is known throught space as having the ability to do a little bit of everything.

Class - Corporate/Pilot

Labor - 3

Wit - 3

Melee - 3

Off. - 3

Def. - 3
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 7:35:01 PM

Hero Name: Rashad Sihrabbian

Hero Biography: Curiosity and adventure had always motivated Rashad, and it was this desire that lead to his misfortune as he joined a deep space archaeological expedition that was ambushed by a Hissho raiding party. Exposed to dust kicked up by the firefight, his mind expanded, opened to new tactical possibilities. The Hissho were eventually repelled, but life was never the same for young Rashad. The only thing that didn't change was his lust for adventure.

Hero Image: An adventurous pose, a rifle in one hand. A wide stance, bold and brash. A desert world in the background, barely civilized.

Hero Class:

Commander

Adventurer

Hero Stats:

Labor - 0

Wit - 4

Melee - 5

Offense - 5

Defense - 4
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 11:19:58 PM
Name: Shalandra Hamara Telak

Biography: Being bored working within the Sophon Ministry of Sciences as a simple "drone", she let her couriosity take lead when the time came. In a clean and precise strike, she stole on of the most valueable Manuscripts about the Secrets of dust, as well as one of the biggest ships she could get by. Even though being hunted by her outraged Sophon fellows her new life lets her feel free for the first time...

Image: Show a young Sophon Girl in the cockpit of a vessel, eyes glimming with great expections of things to come

Class: Administrator/Adventurer

Labor: 3

Wit : 6

Melee: 3

Off : 3

Def : 3
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 12:50:14 PM
Name: Seli Djel Fared

Biography: Seli was the daughter of a Sophon scientist. As a kid, her father took her on a tour to his laboratory, where she quickly ran away, right into a lab full of dust-altered carnivorous flora. When her panicking father tried to rescue her, he was eaten, but Seli was unscathed due to a natural dust-affinity allowing her to keep the plants off of her. The other researchers found the dust-covered Seli studying the few remains of her father intently.

Image: Your good old female sophon grabbing at everything without regard of her own safety.

Class: Adventurer/Corporate

Labor: 2

Wit: 6

Melee: 2

Off: 0

Def: 7
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 1:17:32 PM
Hero Name: Remudi Crystala no sanor

Hero Biography: Born withing the wilds of the Sophon home planet, Remudi has an unrivalled knowledge of the world. He has a high standing within the Ranks of the sophon people, with his theories on evolution and the connection of the world to its inhabitants. He gained mcuh standing when being one of the leading reaserchers on a project to discover the effect of the blue-white star on his peoples genetic structures. He is a great philosipher and scientist who will dedicate his life to the advancement of the Sophon people in an instant. This is one of the main reasons why he advanced so quickly within the ranks of the sophon military, balancing science with warfare he is a deadly force within the ranks of the Sophon people.

Hero Image: A taller sophon with golden skin and black hair wearing a black or blue military uniform with a fleet of sophon aeroplanes flying above him.

Hero Classes:

Commander

Adventurer

Hero Stats:

Labor - 2

Wit - 5

Melee - 5

Offense - 5

Defense - 1
0Send private message
Comment