Hissho
Horatio
Amoeba
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 2:19:09 PM
I repeat what I wrote in the other poll.

"I will answer only about single player. I don't have enough experience in MP to answer. Moreover, I don't think right now, there is already a metagame and everybody is still searching in MP. "
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 3:19:49 PM
Same with me, i'm mostly a single player guy. Hissho AI's suck.... harsh but correct. so i'll go with them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 3:32:53 PM
Pilgrims are one of strongest faction.

Get hero with labor quick, stick on homeworld, build isotopes, something and errant fleet and fast colonize rest of galaxy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 5:08:52 PM
hisshio is pretty good, +40% attack allows easy destruction and you can militarily own the rest of the races if the cravers haven't won by turn 50-80
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 5:50:55 PM
I have played over 150 hours of MP and can say without a doubt that the obvious answer to your question is the UE, they are the weakest faction hands down.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 8:03:56 PM
In MP it really matters who else is playing, against some people you can easily win with UE if you want, but against others you can't (and not just because they are worse!)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 1:33:24 AM
UE just suffer too much from mineral poor start planet.

And i think that the +30% dust bonus was better than +1/pop..

+1/pop is not really noticeable past early game.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 2:50:30 AM
Bah, forgot to add Pilgrims.

The Hissho are a bit weird in that the fluctuate a great deal. I feel they need to be normalized a bit.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 8:55:27 AM
The answer is not so obvious when you start considering all the possibilities of game setting (sp/mp, huge/small map, pirates on/off, etc...).

For my side, I think the best point of vue to answer the question is by considering a single player game, with default settings.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 2:12:40 PM
IMO Hissho is all about finding the perfect system, for your first expand, as fast as possible (within the first 4 turns). If you dont get it early enough you are too far behind other races (except UE, which do have a bad start in 90% of all cases due to Mineral Poorness). I feel like there isn't such urge with any other race.

The Science malus makes you quite dependent of other races/players goodwill (though you can easily make them suffer for not cooperating with you).

Hissho ain't that weak after all, and I really like playing them
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 21, 2012, 6:15:05 PM
i have to say i REALLY want to play UE more i love there ship desighns and the slightly tougher initial hulls but they are just awfull to start out with and dont really have much in the way of "usefull" positive traits to outweigh the currant negitive traits, every other faction pretty much has some pretty dam decent positive modifiers even hissho which folks seems to find almost as weak as UE.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 22, 2012, 7:06:36 PM
Lt_Miles wrote:

•UE : Removed Anomaly on starting planet, added 10% Dust Gain, added industry bonus kicks in at 25% tax

•UE : Increased the Dust bonus on Tax Rate (linear up to 50%, slows down after => great bonus first, slows down to 50%, linear after).

•UE : Industry bonus on Tax Rate starts earlier (Tax: 50% -->100%, Ind: 0% -->50% => Tax: 25% -->100%, Ind: 0% -->60%).

UE got some nice boosts in v0.51.2.

I have to try it.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment