Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Possible space battle espionage?

Copied to clipboard!
13 years ago
Mar 12, 2012, 11:25:23 PM
Hello,

SO a few games in the past let you "steal" other ships via a tug system (homeworld) or a tractor beam. What if we expend on this idea and look at space battle influences that can happen?

What are peoples thoughts on the ability to have a little bit of espionage during a battle?

Something like

• Ability to see fleet orders form an enemy via a spy or tech
  • False ship patterns,
  • Troop transport full of marines that can capture a ship.
  • ECC ship (like a navy prowler) to cause blackouts of things of that nature?
  • Assassinations to knock out heroes

Perhaps tied to the tech tree in one way or the other.

Figured to see what others build on this idea.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 13, 2012, 12:03:38 AM
ECW warfare and boarding would be welcome additions to any space conflict on my book, mainly because they directly affect the outcome and are valid strategies based on real actual tactics.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 14, 2012, 8:45:09 PM
I would just add to your list a posibility of hiding your units in a fog of somekind which have a great density so enemy sensors can not detect you. I would like to se a weapon or abillity from the tech tree to forsee enemy movement and deployment ( cannot use it more than 4 times during combat, beacuse it drains a lot of power and needs time to recharge). Gives you edge in a way that you know where to reinforce units, or when to use reservs.
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 14, 2012, 9:41:31 PM
I like the idea. I would like to add the use of "Cloaked" ships that can sneak in and uncover and strike. But it takes time to recharge and the ships are still there and can be shot, but not seen.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment