Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Random Planet Resources and Upgradeable Unit Statistics

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 9:41:43 AM
I dont know if this game has such a feature already, but I want to be able to choose planets to be my "unit factories" where I completely max out a stat for all units created at that planet.

For example, in Shogun 2, there are provinces with random bonuses like holy temples that add morale, expert fletchers that give extra accuracy, expert blacksmiths that add extra melee damage and so on. I love going out and conquering a province with my favorite stat bonus building, in my case it is the fletchers. Then I build another building which can be built in all provinces, the hunter's lodge. This building also adds a accuracy, but a lot less. Now I have a province where any unit I recruit has a MASSIVE bonus to accuracy. Then I proceed to make all the units I need there, mostly archer spam.

I would really love for ES to have a similar mechanic with planets, with planetary bonus resources like Rare Alloys that increase ship health, Ancient Ship Factories for increased ship speed, Experienced Ship Crews better accuracy, and so on. In addition, building another stat bonus building would increase the stat bonuses even more, like Foundries to increase the ship health a bit more, Propulsion Lab for a little more ship speed, War Academies for even better crews and accuracy, and so on.

I really enjoy this part of 4x games, and the RTS games that lack this option are quite a lot less fun for me. A good example is Sins of a Solar Empire, ES's direct competition. They have an amazing engine, fantastic combat and economy mechanics, but no unit bonuses at certain planets. The game however, does not have these bonuses. All they have is increased ship building speed, and all it really does is make replacement armies easier to manufacture.

So for people that dont like to read, TLDR: Make certain/random planets give bonuses to units recruited there, with additional buildable unit bonus buildings!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 9:57:06 AM
You have that possiblity through different techs. Some system improvments give your ships direct xp or give your ships more xp and so on... As those also have upkeep costs, it makes sense to put such improvments only in your key military systems. smiley: smile

Khezef wrote:
I dont know if this game has such a feature already, but I want to be able to choose planets to be my "unit factories" where I completely max out a stat for all units created at that planet.

For example, in Shogun 2, there are provinces with random bonuses like holy temples that add morale, expert fletchers that give extra accuracy, expert blacksmiths that add extra melee damage and so on. I love going out and conquering a province with my favorite stat bonus building, in my case it is the fletchers. Then I build another building which can be built in all provinces, the hunter's lodge. This building also adds a accuracy, but a lot less. Now I have a province where any unit I recruit has a MASSIVE bonus to accuracy. Then I proceed to make all the units I need there, mostly archer spam.

I would really love for ES to have a similar mechanic with planets, with planetary bonus resources like Rare Alloys that increase ship health, Ancient Ship Factories for increased ship speed, Experienced Ship Crews better accuracy, and so on. In addition, building another stat bonus building would increase the stat bonuses even more, like Foundries to increase the ship health a bit more, Propulsion Lab for a little more ship speed, War Academies for even better crews and accuracy, and so on.

I really enjoy this part of 4x games, and the RTS games that lack this option are quite a lot less fun for me. A good example is Sins of a Solar Empire, ES's direct competition. They have an amazing engine, fantastic combat and economy mechanics, but no unit bonuses at certain planets. The game however, does not have these bonuses. All they have is increased ship building speed, and all it really does is make replacement armies easier to manufacture.

So for people that dont like to read, TLDR: Make certain/random planets give bonuses to units recruited there, with additional buildable unit bonus buildings!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment