Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Handling multiple fleets in battle - bonuses

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 5:16:24 PM
Say you have two or more fleets chilling in a star system and ALL OF A SUDDEN....PIRATES!!

Should all, or multiple, fleets be able to participate in the same battle?

It makes sense to me that any attacked fleets should get some sort of defense/support bonus in combat from other friendly fleets in the area, in the very least. Maybe, fleets with space for more ships could automatically merge temporarily for the battle.

I think the best scenario involves (delayed) direct involvement from other fleets, ie. friendlies in the area show up for the mid-range/melee phases of battle. (could be random depending on "how far away" they are from each other in the system).

Although, it makes me think that if you can see the enemy coming a turn or two before, active fleets should know better to mobilize and prepare to intercept.

This could also be looked at from an attacking point of view; multiple fleets attacking a star system on the same turn (synchronously). How will this work? I guess it might be as fun with "unstoppable" masses of fleets roaming around the universe together, killing everything in their path.

I like the idea from a defense point of view...but what do you think?

(Also, please let me know if this is already a thread dedicated to this...couldn't find one)

EDIT: Doh! Found one....https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11789-multiple-fleets-simultaneous-defense-attack

It wasn't titled very well though...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 5:18:59 PM
Merge fleet, no. It's a player decision. And he has to prepare better.

But chosing which fleet will defend, yes. And having a bonus from other fleets, yes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 6:19:55 PM
I agree with this, I just think of in Total War where you have two armies near one another and they reinforce each other when attacked.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 6:42:43 PM
I think having reinforcements warp in mid battle when ships get destroyed could be pretty awesome.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment