Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Cutscenes and story

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 12:39:29 PM
I hope we don't see them because it's alpha version, but I'd really like to see cutscenes in many different situations (of course, with option to turn them off).

For example, I want to see cutscenes of this moments:

- finding temple on moon

- colonizing planet with some rare resourse/ruins

- first construction of ship of new type (this one should be very easy to make - just fly with camera around new ship on close distance, maybe turning lights on ship during recording)

- first contact with new race

- destruction of civilization (2 versions - when you destroy it, or when someone else destroys)

- research of some key technologies

- victory and defeat

- hiring new hero

Also, I'd like too see some story, like it was made in Alpha Centauri - when on some situations you see a fragment of the story you create (big page of text), in which some names (heroes, sytems) are taken from your current empire. Of course, this fragments should be at least a bit defferent for different races (but it depends on story, if it's just about making an Empire - it can be almost the same), and depend on current situation (technologies researched, races met, heroes hired), so you shouldn't be able to see all parts of story in one game (and maybe not in several walkthroughs).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 12:41:45 PM
Even though I like that, we should all be aware that we'll skip them once we'll have saw them half a dozen times.

That would distract the devs from what is more important in the game, I think.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 12:45:19 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
Even though I like that, we should all be aware that we'll skip them once we'll have saw them half a dozen times.

That would distract the devs from what is more important in the game, I think.
I agree, the first 2-3 time, it will be super awesome, but once you build your first ship a dozen times, it will probably be more "meh" and press the skip button.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 12:50:03 PM
Well, it's not a "must have" for beta, but for final release I think it should be done... If cutscenes won't be long (a few seconds for techs/temples/ships will be enough), they won't cause much trouble for playing process.

P.S. As for ships, it's just 4-7 cutscenes in one game - only new types, and only when first one is built.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 12:59:14 PM
Nickolaeris wrote:
P.S. As for ships, it's just 4-7 cutscenes in one game - only new types, and only when first one is built.
That I can live with. Everytime you build a ship, a cut scene on maximum 10 seconds. What I feared was a 2 minute cut scene with music and speech every time you started a new game and build a ship, or trained a new hero smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 1:02:35 PM
Well remembering it's an independent studio who probably need to conserve their budget as much as possible. i'd say pretty pictures with some description or story fluff or something.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment