Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Two graphical improvements I think would be useful/good

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 2:13:38 AM
Let me just start by saying that so far I'm loving this game. The graphics, gmapelay, optimization, just about everything is amazing, especially for an alpha. That being said, I think there are two things that could be changed just to make it a little better, both having to do with the graphics. Firstly, changing of ship designs based on the modifications. Kinetic and laser turrets show up on the hull, armor changes the hull slightly, etc. Just a small thing, but I think it would go a long way to giving the game a bit more depth.

Secondly, different models for fleets, perhaps based on the heaviest ship in the fleet. Occasionally it's confusing as to what ships I've got where when all the fleets look the same. Again, relatively unimportant, but I think it would be a useful update.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 2:48:55 AM
It's the little things that can make a good difference. Whether they have the ability or inclination to include something like that I don't know. But it would be nice. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 5:22:55 AM
I agree about the turrets-on-hull thing. It doesn't need to be a perfect match of X turrets to the X weapons you put in the design, I just think it would look cleaner/more attractive if missiles, lasers and kinetics came from identifiable launchers/turrets on the ships.

An icon shaped like the largest ship in the fleet would be cool. Customizable fleet icons would be awesome. Or rather just a library of icons to choose from, so fleets you designate for home patrol/etc have a certain look, and invasion fleets can be given a different look, etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 5:42:03 AM
Those are some really good suggestions. I agree with both of them, especially the second one. Being a game designer myself, I can understand that even the simplest of things can take a lot of work to complete. But it's those simple things, the small details that add more spice, more fluidity, and more immersion to the game play.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment