Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Faster game start option and nonrandom start

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 4:19:55 AM
I would like to see a setting that gives you a faster start, maybe 2 scouts, 3 defenders and 3 colony ships. As is the start of the game is p much 30 not really doing much of anything.

On that note, while I like the random universe, the random starting systems are a major concern to me. For example, if you're Hissho (starting world for them is jungle) and your starting system has 6 planets some of which are jungle, terran or ocean you might aswell just restart because you've already won the game. Doubly so if there are some easily attainable luxury goods on there (organics).

So basically what I'd like to see is the option of starting with more stuff and less random starting systems.

What do you guys think?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 5:08:53 AM
The starting planet is tied to faction traits (you can choose a custom faction with a better or worse start). It's not available at the moment (there's no custom factions).

I, too, would like to start with 1 or 2 scout ship.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 5:10:28 AM
VieuxChat wrote:
The strating planet is tied to faction traits (you can choose a custom faction with a better or worse start).

That only applies to the actual starting planet though, any other planets in the system are still random (probably influenced by what type of son the system has though).
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 11:08:49 PM
There is a fine line there, to be sure, but consider the following 1 on 1 scenario.

The first faction is Hisshok and starts in this system:

A very large system with one arid planet with psychoactive air and bluecap mode giving you heaploads of approval, another arid with rich soil, a large turndra to hold all the population you'll quickly be amassing and later a lava planet with robot locols for excellent industry.

Meanwhile the second faction, also Hishho, starts here:

Because of how important the start is, this match is not even worth playing as the first faction has a pretty much insurmountable advantage right off the bat.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment