Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Ship name length

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 6:47:42 PM
I've wanted to name my ships classes after Star Trek and stargate ship classes, but the names are often to long, for some reasons we have very limited space to name the classes, same goes for fleet names, I wanted to name my fleet First Fleet, but that was to long.

Is it possible to extend the number of characters in the name places.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 6:49:08 PM
Good point, and the other problem is that i can't have my fleet names like "Invaders", it always switch to "INVADERS", but AI can do this (how lucky they are :s).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 7:03:32 PM
It is a simple fix, I think (hope) the devs change it in the next patch.

It is pretty stupid that I can't call a Dreadnought-class ship 'Dreadnought', or Annihilator-class 'Annihilator'.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 8:06:56 PM
Randeng wrote:
Good point, and the other problem is that i can't have my fleet names like "Invaders", it always switch to "INVADERS", but AI can do this (how lucky they are :s).

Haha, the AI HAX smiley: wink

But yeah I too would love the ability to have long names, say 30 character limit? OR why not 50 smiley: smile Then I can fit "Super Duper Star Cruiser Alpha Mark XIV v2" smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 1:06:14 AM
Supporting this, I too think lower case characters and longer character spaces should be implemented...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 3:32:28 AM
I would also really appreciate this. I was blown away when I couldn't name my Dreadnaught, 'Dreadnaught'. Creative, I know.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment